Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Moo83

Adult Acne & Microdermabraision/AHA Products

Hey All,

Im new here so hope i can post this here - been a lurker for sometime!

Ive suffered with acne since i was a teenager, im now 27 - its always been mostly mild to sometimes moderate and i had it undercontrol with Birth Control Pills up until 2-3 years ago when i came off them. So its pretty much understood i have hormonal acne - under the lamps at the beautician i show up with mostly dehydration and very little oil flow i had mostly lots of white heads, congestion and black heads with the occasional sore hard angry bumps comming up... until recently - it got a lil worse and id had enough so i went to a beauty place (a well known one in brisbane australia) and started Microdermabrasion and Lactic Acid/AHA Perfection Gel and Moisturiser (a long with my dermalogica face washes and SPF)

Now Im due for my 3rd Micro next friday (been getting them every 2 weeks and using my products night and day for 4 weeks) and im afraid to go back, I have been getting sore painful acne on part of my cheeks - which never happens and its worsening atm my face is a sore pimply wreck - not severe but what i call moderate acne... Anyhow if you have gotten this far to read this - is this normal? They are trying to tell me that it gets worse before it gets better and im hoping this will be the case but im skeptical - should it get worse on areas i never usually get acne or is this just them having no idea and taking a stab in the dark?!

Im litterally at wits ends and ANY help would be appreciated - thank you :)

Hi! I have mild hormonal acne as well and it's EXTREMELY aggravating!!! I'm using Priori AHA Skincare products right now and I'm hoping it will help, I haven't seen too much of a difference so far but I'm trying to be patient. Did birth control help your acne? I'm thinking of getting on it if nothing else works. Thanks!

Hi

Yes thats what im using atm combined with the micro - i was told Priory is perfect for acne skin thats "maturing" - honestly im not sure what i think because my skin is just a mess now :wall: - not sure if its the micro or the priory or both - im thinking tho its the micro and i have been considering asking the therapists if i can swap to the lactic acid peels insted of the micro - just because i have heard Micro can "spread" the bacteria. - I really just do not know what to think atm!

How long have you been on priory for and if its been for a while did it make your skin worse at first?

As for the pill it is honestly the only thing that made my skin better (i still got break outs but NO WHERE near as bad) I was on it as a teenager up until 2-3 years ago but I just dont like the pill and it dosnt agree with me in other ways so thats why im not on it anymore but if you can go on it then i would reccomend doing that for hormonal acne!

Thanks for your reply :)