Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
proper inglish

Has anyone else scarred like this?

So last week I got a cyst for the first time in about 5 months (I thought it was finally over!). Normally I pop them, they scab, flatten, and leave no mark. This time was different... it didn't pop but the swelling started to go down and it scabbed... when the scab came off I was left with a bump that appears to be scar tissue. It's kind of frustrating because over the past 5 months I was happy with my skin for the first time since I was eleven or twelve. This is the only clearly visible scar I have on my face and I'm kind of confused about why this cyst was different from all of the others.

Has anyone else had an experience like this? Was there any treatment that helped it? It's still fresh and I imagine it'll mature over time, but I'm fairly certain it'll always be there.

I edited to add a pic.

post-124258-1281645858_thumb.jpg

post-124258-1281645858_thumb.jpg

Edited by proper inglish

Yes, I had a cyst just like this on my jaw. It has completely gone now. But it did take about 6 months. I dont believe your mark will be permanent either - its still very fresh, pink and healing. Give your body some space and it should heal. :)