Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CupcakeCouture

Chin acne?i tried everything

the only problem i have severe acne is on my chin!i mean i tried every drug store brand including clean and clear benzoyl perixode persa gel and cleanser,still nothing!i drink lots of water,i eat lots of fresh fruit and i'm not much of a veggie eater,i work out daily,it seems to not go away it just gets worse when my period comes.I'm out of options and i can't afford a dr right now what can i do? :wall:

Hey there - I just had a huge chin breakout a week ago and it's basically clear now. Please check out my thread on sulfur. Hope it helps!

the only problem i have severe acne is on my chin!i mean i tried every drug store brand including clean and clear benzoyl perixode persa gel and cleanser,still nothing!i drink lots of water,i eat lots of fresh fruit and i'm not much of a veggie eater,i work out daily,it seems to not go away it just gets worse when my period comes.I'm out of options and i can't afford a dr right now what can i do? :wall:

Hi Cupcake! I feel your pain! When my acne is really bad I get cysts everywhere but the one constant is my chin. After doing research and asking my derm I found out that it is called Hormonal Acne. I know you said you can't afford a dermatologist but if in the future you can I would reccoment Spironolactone. This drug's primary use isn't for acne but has been proven to have a side effect of helping hormonal acne. I have been on it for months and noticed a good improvement. That probably isn't that helpful right now but I also wanted to reccomend a herbal remedy instead that should work in the same way. I think the herb is called saw palmetto but I'm not positive. I would Google "herbal remedies for hormonal imbalance" and see what comes up. I hope this helps!! Also one thing that my derm always tells me which I always seem to forget is that a pimple or cyst that has finally emerged has been created over up to 3 months. For this reason you need to stick with something for at least that long to see results.