Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My skin is playing a nasty trick on me. Everything I try works for a while, then stops. I'm losing my mind over this. Just when one breakout heals, another starts. I'm so sick of this. I get one clear week (not including scars obviously) and then my skin is a disaster. I'm losing it. I really am.

I'm sick of hating myself. I'm sick of telling my boyfriend I don't want to hang out. I'm sick of crying all the time. I'm sick of spending all my time looking for cures. I'm sick of worrying that everything breaks me out. I'm sick of feeling so hopeless.

I just want it all to stop.

Don't worry, I'm not suicidal. Just fed up with myself, and my life. I used to be so happy. Sorry for the rant.

I would definetly go out if I were you. Don't let it hold you back from doing anything. If you go out and have fun, you'll probably forget about your face, even if its just for a little while. You're going to put a huge strain on your relationship if you don't. Does your boyfriend care about your acne? If he loves you he probably doesn't. So just go have fun. You've got to stop feeling sorry for yourself. Everyone has problems. Ever heard the saying "Is your bag of shit any better/worse then the next persons bag of shit? No. It's still shit" Some other girl might have beautiful skin, but maybe her personality is messed up. Maybe she's bipolar. Maybe she has bad hair. Who knows. Nobodys perfect. So be happy for what you got and keep going, you can't let it ruin your life.

I'm sorry. I identify with how you feel right now. I have this horrible scar right now and I have to avoid looking in the mirror or else I just become really depressed and want to cry. My husband tells me there's nothing to get upset about and I'm making a big deal, but it's so hard to get on with normal activities right now, you know? I have to force myself to get through each day.

My skin is playing a nasty trick on me. Everything I try works for a while, then stops. I'm losing my mind over this. Just when one breakout heals, another starts. I'm so sick of this. I get one clear week (not including scars obviously) and then my skin is a disaster. I'm losing it. I really am.

I'm sick of hating myself. I'm sick of telling my boyfriend I don't want to hang out. I'm sick of crying all the time. I'm sick of spending all my time looking for cures. I'm sick of worrying that everything breaks me out. I'm sick of feeling so hopeless.

I just want it all to stop.

Don't worry, I'm not suicidal. Just fed up with myself, and my life. I used to be so happy. Sorry for the rant.

Story of my life. I sucks but don't let it get to you. Try to keep your mind on other things. There are alot people here who go through the same nasty cycle. Be thankful for the clear weeks and go live it up while you feel good. Then just do your best to mentally deal with the bad weeks.

My skin is playing a nasty trick on me. Everything I try works for a while, then stops. I'm losing my mind over this. Just when one breakout heals, another starts. I'm so sick of this. I get one clear week (not including scars obviously) and then my skin is a disaster.

It's so ****ing irritating, isn't it? Sometimes you end up with clear skin for a whole month, and you think "This could be it. I can't believe this is happening. This could be it." And then bam. It's crushing.

I just stopped caring about my appearance. I don't go out any more, except to meet old friends. I spend as much time alone as is possible - and I don't much enjoy human company these days. I have had acne for so long now that I cannot remember life before it.

Edited by ClemensA

Yeah, I'm just sick of everyone telling me that it doesnt matter. I know everyone has problems, but personally, I find this to be my biggest challenge. It's easier to deal with problems when you dont hate being yourself. Its much harder to live inside this skin than pay my bills and have fights with my family. When I used to have problems, It was easier to deal because I always had myself. Now I dont.

And you are all so right. THIS SHIT SUCKS!!

Yeah, I'm just sick of everyone telling me that it doesnt matter. I know everyone has problems, but personally, I find this to be my biggest challenge. It's easier to deal with problems when you dont hate being yourself. Its much harder to live inside this skin than pay my bills and have fights with my family. When I used to have problems, It was easier to deal because I always had myself. Now I dont.

It's futile. I've had mild, to moderate, to severe acne - let's call it 'intermittent acne', because it comes and goes, varying in extremity - for about 12 years. Allegedly, it is not bad enough for the really tough medications. but I've tried -everything- else; the gels, the topicals, the antibiotics. Nothing works. It just comes and goes, irrespective of what I do or don't do. So it's futile.

hey girl you speak my mind. ths is what ive been trying to tell my friends and family but i dont have the words. now i do. :)

hey girl you speak my mind. ths is what ive been trying to tell my friends and family but i dont have the words. now i do. :)

Glad I could help, even if its giving you the words I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.

No one deserves this..

this is exactly how i feel every day. it seems like my monthy routine is to stop the regimen just to end the redness from bp and hope for the best then realize i look like shit without it and go back on it only to realize how much i hate doing the regimen and i'm sick of this cycle. i just want to stop worrying about it all the time and move on with my life. i can't live with acne but the products and the time put into my skin feels like its not even worth so much effort and i'm so so sick of all of it i can't even explain in words how horrible it feels for me and everyone on here who knows exactly what i mean.

I just had to try to explain to my boyfriend how much I hate myself. He still doesn't understand what its like to hate the way you look, he's never had acne and doesn't get it.

I keep pushing him away because I cant stand to be around people. Why cant this just stop? I've never hated myself so much. Having acne after your teens is just ridiculous. Well, at anytime really. But its so much more embarrasing. I'm almost 21 and I hate my life.

The worst part is that I dont even know whats causing this. My derm doesnt care to figure out the cause. But because this is so sudden I feel like if I could figure it out, this would stop.

Just gonna keep crying...