Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NoLimits

Retin-A

Alright I am thinking of going to my doctor to get Retin-A for my scars. Has anyone had any good experience with it? Or any bad experience? I really want to at least improve my scars before school and start fresh. Help me out here guys and gals.

Also can explain to me what exactly Retin-A is? I know a basic knowledge but I would like to know more.

It's good stuff, clears red marks pretty well. Can be a bit pricey if you don't have medical. ($28.00) in Canada.

Alright I am thinking of going to my doctor to get Retin-A for my scars. Has anyone had any good experience with it? Or any bad experience? I really want to at least improve my scars before school and start fresh. Help me out here guys and gals.

Also can explain to me what exactly Retin-A is? I know a basic knowledge but I would like to know more.

Here's some information on what it is:

http://www.drugs.com/retin-a.html

It seems that the people who have used Retin-A the longest yield the best results. I don't want to burst your bubble, but you will most likely not see improvement in your scars before school starts (assuming late August, early September). Retin-A is a long term treatment that takes 6 months to a year for results.

http://www.acne.org/tretinoin-retin-a-reti...s/65/page1.html

There are also two other similar treatments: adapalene (Differin) and tazarotene (Tazorac).

Retin A (Tretinoin) worked very well for my moderate/mild acne. Once my acne cleared, i just had minor scars. The cream cleared them up in a matter of weeks. Highly recommend.

I agree, retin-a is a good long term treatment option for acne and the marks left behind & will especially improve the texture - but you will need to give it time. I have been on and off it for a few years now, of course bc i get frustrated when a few pimples pop up and start trying new stuff. It has worked the best for me when I used it consistently as directed with a gentle cleanser... when i start mixing it with other treatments, it kills my skin.

In the beginning your skin may get a little red and peeling, but continue using and make sure your only using the pea-size amount (ask for the pump version, if ur worried about overusing). Also, dont get over-zealous and use during the day lol, i have and the cold air and/or sun will not be friendly with your skin.