Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Michayla08

Starting The Regimen tomorrow... Need some advice!

Hello! I have been on this site for a couple months now, but this is actually my first post. I just ordered DK bp and going to be starting the regimen tomorrow for the first time. I am going to be using Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer because my derm suggested it for my skin type. I also ordered some organice jojoba oil that I will add a few drops in as well. I have very fair, dry sensitive skin. A couple questions...

Since my skin is so sensitive and naturally dry should I start using the bp just once a day? If so, when should I bump it up to twice a day?

I know that part of the regimen is to only wash your face for 10 seconds or less, but is that really long enough when rinsing off makeup dirt etc? I feel like I need to wash for at least 30 seconds.

I believe my mild (which gets more than mild but not quite moderate during my period) is mainly hormonal because in february I had a miscarriage and ever since then my face has been a mess. The only other time I have had acne as an adult was when I was pregnant with my daughter... thats why I believe its hormones. So, I am hoping this regimen will help!!! Right now I am using Carley's and not happy with it.

Thanks in advance!! ;)

Hello! I have been on this site for a couple months now, but this is actually my first post. I just ordered DK bp and going to be starting the regimen tomorrow for the first time. I am going to be using Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer because my derm suggested it for my skin type. I also ordered some organice jojoba oil that I will add a few drops in as well. I have very fair, dry sensitive skin. A couple questions...

Since my skin is so sensitive and naturally dry should I start using the bp just once a day? If so, when should I bump it up to twice a day?

I know that part of the regimen is to only wash your face for 10 seconds or less, but is that really long enough when rinsing off makeup dirt etc? I feel like I need to wash for at least 30 seconds.

I believe my mild (which gets more than mild but not quite moderate during my period) is mainly hormonal because in february I had a miscarriage and ever since then my face has been a mess. The only other time I have had acne as an adult was when I was pregnant with my daughter... thats why I believe its hormones. So, I am hoping this regimen will help!!! Right now I am using Carley's and not happy with it.

Thanks in advance!! ;)

Hi! First off if you have sensitive skin I would really start slow. My skin is not sensitive at all and I started the regimen slowly and still got dry and flakey. Maybe once every other day for a week if ur skin is so sensitive? Just work up slowly and don't worry if u take longer to reach the full amount.

As for cleansing, I use cetaphil to remove makeup by rubbing gently on my face and using cotton wool to remove it. Then I splash my face with water. In the mornings I use dans cleanser and 10 seconds is fine!

As for the hormonal issue- same here. I had an abnormal pregnancy and my skin was never right again. It took a year or so to really errupt but I know that my hormones were to blame! Are you on birth control?

Thanks in advance!! ;)

Hi! First off if you have sensitive skin I would really start slow. My skin is not sensitive at all and I started the regimen slowly and still got dry and flakey. Maybe once every other day for a week if ur skin is so sensitive? Just work up slowly and don't worry if u take longer to reach the full amount.

As for cleansing, I use cetaphil to remove makeup by rubbing gently on my face and using cotton wool to remove it. Then I splash my face with water. In the mornings I use dans cleanser and 10 seconds is fine!

As for the hormonal issue- same here. I had an abnormal pregnancy and my skin was never right again. It took a year or so to really errupt but I know that my hormones were to blame! Are you on birth control?

Thank you so much for the quick response!!! I will definitely have to take you up on that advice! It is good to know that cetaphil takes off make up.

No, I am not on birth control... I have been tempted to go back on because I know my face would clear right up. However, my husband and I want to try for another baby sooner rather than later so I would hate to get on something only to get off and be even more wacked out! What about you?

I am on dianette but after 8 months it didn't clear my skin. Tried dans regimen for 7 weeks along with minocycline antibiotics and still couldn't clear. Now I am on accutane but its early days!