Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maelstrom209

Any good derms in the Orange County, SoCal area?

I have had acne for many years. It has not gotten any better. I think that it's actually gotten worse in some respects. I've always had acne on my face but over the last year, I've developed moderate acne around my chest, neck and shoulders. I've been to two derms and I didn't really like either of them. One of them was a referral from my brother. The other one was a referral from my general doctor. I thought that if I just take care of my health and clean my face/body thoroughly and use topical meds that it would eventually go away but it's not working.

I'm thinking about going back to see a dermatologist and wanted to see if you guys have any recommendations? Have you used Yelp to look for good derms? I'm considering it. Also, does anyone have experience in going to places that are kinda cosmetic surgery/spa-like environments to treat acne? I'm thinking specifically about the Laser Dermatology Institute (LDI) that's here in SoCal. Here's a link:

http://laserhq.com/

I've never been here but they seem like they know what they're doing. I just don't want to get ripped off and be there to hear a bunch of sales pitches about treatments that I may not need. I want to find a derm that serious about helping me conquer my acne for good. Thanks for any feedback.

I have had acne for many years. It has not gotten any better. I think that it's actually gotten worse in some respects. I've always had acne on my face but over the last year, I've developed moderate acne around my chest, neck and shoulders. I've been to two derms and I didn't really like either of them. One of them was a referral from my brother. The other one was a referral from my general doctor. I thought that if I just take care of my health and clean my face/body thoroughly and use topical meds that it would eventually go away but it's not working.

I'm thinking about going back to see a dermatologist and wanted to see if you guys have any recommendations? Have you used Yelp to look for good derms? I'm considering it. Also, does anyone have experience in going to places that are kinda cosmetic surgery/spa-like environments to treat acne? I'm thinking specifically about the Laser Dermatology Institute (LDI) that's here in SoCal. Here's a link:

I've never been here but they seem like they know what they're doing. I just don't want to get ripped off and be there to hear a bunch of sales pitches about treatments that I may not need. I want to find a derm that serious about helping me conquer my acne for good. Thanks for any feedback.

yes! I go Dr. Nancy Silverberg. She is amazing. ask about PDT. it works.

Great idea, or you could try a nutritionist? But it will make you feel better knowing that someone will be on your side trying to help with the problem