Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ballaballa

Proactiv Toner

Can i use the Proactiv Toner more than twice a day? Once in the morning, then after a midday wash, then at night? Would this be too much because im trying to get rid of my red/brown marks.

I had proactive for about 1yr and a half and the toner does not get rid of red marks just opens the pores. And if you use it to much it will dry the face.

IMHO, if you use the toner too much, you may overdry your skin which would then have your skin begin to overproduce oils to compensate for what you are stripping away.

So, you can do this, but be prepared to deal with a new rash of breakouts under dry flaking skin if you go this way.

*edited by Moderator due to personal insult*

Proactiv toner is great for red marks, ive read that using smaller percentage of glycolic over an extended period of time gets better results then a really high percentage glycolic peel.

Also, you dont need to wash your face before usng the toner. For instance, use it in the mornign with your regimen, and in the afternoon just use the toner by itself and then at night use it again with your regimen.

Listen, I've tried Proactive....and it really didn't do much. BUT, you can continually use the first and last step of the 3 part treatment, and use VINEGAR, on your spots. I've been doing that, and it really helps. SUPER awesome peel. If your skin becomes too aggrevated from the stegth of the Vinegar, dilute it some, but not too much. I use white vinegar, check the vinegar thread.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...topic=4885&st=0

Ive used Proactive for about 1 1/2 - 2 years. Im not using it anymore because it wasnt really helping. But the Toner has glycolic acid in it and it should be a little helpful for redmarks. I dont really want to use vineger on my skin. Im also giving up on BP cause it aint working for me no more.

let me tell you man....vinegar helps. Don't be afraid of the smell....it really goes away in seconds hahahaha. PLUS, no one is going to smell your face. it really helps, do try it out if you have brown spots/hyperpigmentation

I used proactive for about a yr and a half i didnt help me with my marks. But what does seem to help is proactive lightening lotion.