Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I Love Hand Sanitzer

Question for Low Dose Accutane People

Hi, I've been on low dose Accutane for almost 2 weeks now. (10 Mg Claravis)

My face has always been greasy and I was hoping the accutane can improve that.

As of now Claravis has not helped control the oil, if anything, it has made it worse.

My pores DO appear to be smaller. (I also have a lot of blackheads)

Does anyone know if this is normal?

When can I expect the oiliness to go down?

Any reply will be helpful thanks!

I'm not on a dose as low as that; I'm on 30mg a day. I have really oily skin too but it started to dry out by about week 3. I also got lots of blackheads which I read somewhere else on this forum is just because the Accutane is pushing them all out. Not sure if that's true though, but they've gone now and I'm a month and half into my course.

I just started my third week on Accutane and Im on 50mg a day. I too was extremely oily and it started to go away JUST in the past few days. Give it another week or two and if not then you should up the dosage.

Thanks for the replies! Keeping my hopes up. I will definitely update on my log if my oily face magically stop producing oil. I actually cant remember the last time I felt secure about my face being non-oily. It has been too long.

im on my 31th days of taking 10mg Acutrex and Isotane(generic brand)..my oiliness,blackheads reduced by 90% and my pores are smaller..give accutane time to sink in your system..2 weeks is not enough..nevermind my english..