Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beastfromtheeast

Blackheads that never go away

Ok, I have these major blackheads on my nose that never go away. I swear I think I'm the only

person in my school that have such bad blackheads. The problem is, I cant use harsh

cleansers/medications such a bp, retin a, etc because I have rosacea. Harsh stuff makes my skin

red. Are there any GENTLE ways to get rid of blackheads? Does washing with warm water then

rinsing with cold water acyually make a difference? Thanks so much!

Ok, I have these major blackheads on my nose that never go away. I swear I think I'm the only

person in my school that have such bad blackheads. The problem is, I cant use harsh

cleansers/medications such a bp, retin a, etc because I have rosacea. Harsh stuff makes my skin

red. Are there any GENTLE ways to get rid of blackheads? Does washing with warm water then

This isn't really a gentle way to remove them but it is effective. Try pore strips. These don't really work for me personally but they do work for a lot of other people. If you are interested in trying them out there is a way to make them with a really easy recipe. I found it on youtube on Michelle Phan's channel. It is a little painful but I recommend you try it! If you want more information on this product just ask.

Biore pore strips- $8

Strips, masks and extractor tools( I use tweezerman) is the only thing that has helped me. They don't really go away on their own in my experience.

salicylic acid over night & then squeeeeeze em out after a hot shower in the morning!

but unfortunately yeah....if you have big pores the blackheads are like a bottemless pit as you can squeeze some right bastards out and the next day you have more.

All I can recommend is avoid pollution & wash your face when you get home from work rather than waiting until bedtime as grime tends to accumulate during the day, and grease.

A lot of people have these. They are not blackheads, and they are supposed to be there on your nose and below your mouth from what I understand. They are called sebaseous fillaments. There is a sticky thread on this, you may want to read it. Even if you squeeze them, they will refill, and they look extremely similar to blackheads. So please don't pick at them. And good luck and remember that a lot of people have them, yours are just more noticeable is all. :cool:

This isn't really a gentle way to remove them but it is effective. Try pore strips. These don't really work for me personally but they do work for a lot of other people. If you are interested in trying them out there is a way to make them with a really easy recipe. I found it on youtube on Michelle Phan's channel. It is a little painful but I recommend you try it! If you want more information on this product just ask.

Biore pore strips- $8

I definitely would not recommend pore strips. I used them a couple of times in my teens and the results weren't great. They are a nice short term solution, and the psychological effect of actually seeing the gunk come out of your pores is relieving. BUT, they actually enlarge the pores in the long run. I never had blackheads around the nose area (only on the nose). But now, you can see blackheads in the pattern of the pore strip itself. Not good. I still haven't found an effective way to get rid of them. I just pay special attention to my nose when washing and exfoliating. And, using a pore refiner or minimizer might help after you wash your face.

I used to use pore strips when I was in high school...bad bad bad idea. They just come back and they definitely made my pores worse. I was lucky, but they can cause spider veins to wherever they're applied.