Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've seen a few people say they use baking soda for blackheads. What kind of baking soda do you use (some are marked for baking purposes while others are meant to be used for everything but baking, it seems) and how exactly do you use it on your face? Thanks!

i mix it with a little water to make a paste and put that on at night or u could add some to a gentle cleanser to help exfoliate.

i really hope this helps u!

The best strategy is to exfoliate the blackheads, then squeeze them out gently and followed by Milk of Magnesia mask to really soak out the remaining oil in the pores. I now do this daily and I'm getting less blackheads.

The best strategy is to exfoliate the blackheads, then squeeze them out gently and followed by Milk of Magnesia mask to really soak out the remaining oil in the pores.  I now do this daily and I'm getting less blackheads.

You can read reviews from people who use the MOM mask Here.

Some people use a very thin layer of MOM under their foundation to control oil. I just use it as a mask. Any brand of MOM will do (I use Phillips), just make sure it is not a flavored version! tongue.gif

As for baking soda I use it as a scrub every other night. Just mix a small bit in with your regular cleanser and gently scrub your face. As far as brands..I use Arm and Hammer, but I think baking soda is baking soda. :mrgreen:

Just buy the cheapest non-flavored, plain MoM you can find. Put a thin layer on your face and let it sit there as a mask for 10 mins or so. Then wash it off with water or cleanser.

Wow! This sounds great!

I think I will give MoM a try as a mask.

It sounds like it is good for oily skin, breakouts and pore reduction.

Does anyone know if it helps with healing and reduction of red marks?

I guess I will see when I try it out.

How often do you use this mask?

What about if you do periodic SA and/or GA peels?

ANIMEGIRL, thanks for the link to other reviews, you are always so good about that!

biggrin.gif

I tried the MoM mask last night, I think it helped.

I have blackheads on my nose that I can never totally get rid of, maybe this will help over time.

I think I will try the baking soda too.

I do GA and SA peels, but even those don't totally rid me of these awful blackheads!

any kind of toothpaste does the same thing.. I read that Avril Lavigne uses toothpaste when she gets pimples, and believe me, she breaks out with a few every now and then.