Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MThomas92

Sunscreen help?

Hey guys! Last time I was at my Dermatologist I asked her what sunscreen she would recommend and she suggested I use La Roche Posay Sunscreen fluid. So I went out and purchased it and when I went to the beach I used it. Now after I go to the beach I usually wash my face and I could not do it with this stuff. It has a matte finish which made me look like a mime for a whole week. It wouldn't even wash off with fash wash and just balled up. Does anyone have any recommendations for sunscreen that are non-comedogenic and non-greasy? I wasted a whopping thirty bucks on La Roche Posay =/

I use Shiseido PA++ SPF 55. It's a little bit expensive but worth it to me. It goes on milky and dewy, definitely not greasy nor too matte. I also have used DDF Matte Sun Protection SPF 30 (something like that) and I liked it even more, but if you apply anything on top it balls up in little white clumps.

If those suggestions don't do it for you, try a sunscreen with zinc oxide or titanium dioxide. I don't know a ton about sunscreens, but I have a little knowledge ;)

Hopefully I helped!

I second the Shiseido recommendation. I am a sunscreen fanatic and have tried LOTS of products, but Shiseido is by far the best I have ever used. It doesn't cause breakouts and makes my skin look smooth and even. I'm not in the sun that much so I use the SPF 38 version (it's called Extra Smooth Sun Protection Cream) but I have heard a lot of good things about the SPF 55 too. I think it's definitely worth the money.

hmm. I def need to look into a good sunscreen as well. I'm very faired skin and always wear a hat. But sometimes i feel sunscreen is necessary.

I have a question about the Shiseido sunscreen: You said it evens out your skin? As in your skin tone?

I would love to find a sunscreen that evened out my skin tone. I have bad acne but my redness is my real problem. If this lightened/evened-out the redness, I would gladly buy it. At the moment, I use Titanium Dioxide sunscreens because they have that natural whitening pigment that lightens my redness, but within a few hours my skin looks even more red than originally.

Thanks!

zinc oxide is non-comedogenic while titanium dioxide is not.so i suggest u avoid it.

zinc oxide is suppose to give u a pale look as well.the degree of which varies with products.

it is also suppose to help ur acne/zits etc(depends though!).

u can PM me for more information.i've been looking into these topics recently.

melagard 50+ is a product that many dermatologists recommend.

i use it and its quite good.