Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfonzo Trqa

Cereal causes acne?

Do I have to go on a supplementary diet here? Where I can't eat anything. Because I'm pretty sure EVERYTHING causes acne these days. What bullshit. Now I hear kellogg products and other cereals cause acne as well as Milk and other dairy products.

I'm pretty sure everyone who doesn't have acne eats cereal...

Do I have to go on a supplementary diet here? Where I can't eat anything. Because I'm pretty sure EVERYTHING causes acne these days. What bullshit. Now I hear kellogg products and other cereals cause acne as well as Milk and other dairy products.

That would be because not everyone suffers from acne? You dont just eat something one day and wake up with acne.

Think about that.

Edited by ben90

Yes, because people eat cereal once in a life time.

You think about that.

Sorry but your missing the point completely as my post wasnt the best.

Most people can eat WHAT EVER they want, and they wont get acne. They havn't/won't develop the triggers (usually digestive issues). They can rub their face in dog poo everyday and still wont get any.

Unfortunately most of the food people eat today messes you up in some form, for some this is acne, others arthritus.

Edited by ben90

You think it's bullshit that you can't eat refined, extruder-pressed, processed breakfast cereal product without potential consequences?? Man, that shit ain't doing anybody any favors... acne or no acne.

Cereal = processed food

processed food= less than optimal health

grow up and take responsibility for your health or live with your acne and keep whining.

Trix are for kids.

I eat almost no grains, and no milk, and I get along fine.

There's plenty out there to eat! Eating healthy isn't just about cutting stuff out, it's about eating REAL food.

You can eat vegetables, whole grains (if you can tolerate them-I can't, but I'm weird..), low sugar fruit (most fruit is lower in sugar, just avoid apples, oranges, grapes, and bananas. They're nasty anyway) and MEAT. Yes, meat.

There's plenty for you to eat. Calm down.

What breaks some people out doesn't necessarily break others out. We all have different skin - different causes, different tolerances, etc. So it doesn't really mean you have to stop eating cereal because somewhere out there someone is breaking out from it.

Even if you are, what's the big deal? There's tons of good things you can eat for breakfast without having cereal

I agree. :wub: I thought I was only reacting to wheat but any grain breaks me out, I found.

I also react badly to milk. My lower right quadrant hurts the day after I consumed anything with milk. Butter seems to be ok though.

So it's pretty hard for me to achieve my daily carb requirements. Right now I'm chugging water with a quarter cup of brown sugar. It's sad, i know. :(

I agree. :wub: I thought I was only reacting to wheat but any grain breaks me out, I found.

I also react badly to milk. My lower right quadrant hurts the day after I consumed anything with milk. Butter seems to be ok though.

So it's pretty hard for me to achieve my daily carb requirements. Right now I'm chugging water with a quarter cup of brown sugar. It's sad, i know. :(

Can you eat fruit or do you have a bad reaction to fructose or something?

Can you eat fruit or do you have a bad reaction to fructose or something?

yeah i can definitely eat fruit. i can eat simple sugars like fruit, sugar, juice, pure cocoa (not milk chocolate), but not complex carbs like bread, rice, corn. I can eat potato without breaking out, though. Might want to experiment more with corn though to be sure. The milk thing, however, is really troublesome. I had to go to the ER and have my abdomen CAT scanned, I thought I've had this lingering appendicitis all along. Turns out, there was nothing. And then I read about Crohn's disease and how it is triggered by complex carbs, then I stumbled across "Specific Carbohydrate Diet" and Paleo eventually.

yeah i can definitely eat fruit. i can eat simple sugars like fruit, sugar, juice, pure cocoa (not milk chocolate), but not complex carbs like bread, rice, corn. I can eat potato without breaking out, though. Might want to experiment more with corn though to be sure. The milk thing, however, is really troublesome. I had to go to the ER and have my abdomen CAT scanned, I thought I've had this lingering appendicitis all along. Turns out, there was nothing. And then I read about Crohn's disease and how it is triggered by complex carbs, then I stumbled across "Specific Carbohydrate Diet" and Paleo eventually.

Were you diagnosed with crohns? Sorry I don't know why I'm so interested just someone I know has crohns. I'm just worried about all these intestinal disorders and how closely a lot of them are related to acne it's crazy. It sucks that doctors don't recognize the whole connection when they treat acne because what if someone with some intestinal problem is given accutane? It seems pretty dangerous

While I know a lot of the food people want to eat is processed, I'll agree that it's bullshit that everything causes acne. Fruit? avoid apples and bananas? seriously? They're like the most fundamental fruits!!

Honestly, I don't believe people when they say they eat something and the next day they wake up with a breakout.

Is there anyone here who has actually gotten 100% clear from eating right? this does not include taking dozens of supplements either.

If paleo diets actually worked, then why are we all still here?

Well the statement that "everything causes acne" is definitely bullshit...

Honestly, I don't believe people when they say diet has had no effect on their acne. Or at least I don't believe they did it right and/or with enough discipline for a long enough period of time.

I cut almost all gluten, dairy and legumes out of my diet about 6 months ago, and I am still accruing benefits. Not only do I look and feel fantastic everyday, inside and out, but I can get away with so much more (still within the realm of "healthy") i.e. I can eat as much fruit as I want, also I can drink a fair amount and not worry about anything (not that I like to do that too much anyway).

The greatest thing for me was that cutting out those foods has also eliminated several other food sensitivities that I had. I think gluten especially puts your immune system in a "hyperalert mode", which could explain people noticing all sorts of random food<-->breakout connections. Tomatoes, peaches, grapefruits, some nuts, certain fruits were all things I suspected as breaking me out, but now I can eat any and as much of these to my hearts content.

IT CAN TAKE 6 MONTHS TO A YEAR FOR YOUR INTESTINAL "SHAG CARPET" TO FULLY REGENERATE ITSELF IF YOU ARE EATING FOODS YOU ARE ALLERGIC/SENSITIVE TO!!!

Honestly, I don't believe people when they say diet has had no effect on their acne. Or at least I don't believe they did it right and/or with enough discipline for a long enough period of time.

I cut almost all gluten, dairy and legumes out of my diet about 6 months ago, and I am still accruing benefits. Not only do I look and feel fantastic everyday, inside and out, but I can get away with so much more (still within the realm of "healthy") i.e. I can eat as much fruit as I want, also I can drink a fair amount and not worry about anything (not that I like to do that too much anyway).

IT CAN TAKE 6 MONTHS TO A YEAR FOR YOUR INTESTINAL "SHAG CARPET" TO FULLY REGENERATE ITSELF IF YOU ARE EATING FOODS YOU ARE ALLERGIC/SENSITIVE TO!!!

lol, I agree so completely with this post, I could have written it. People just don't give things time. I've been an extremely strict Paleo eater since the start of the year, and I knew it would be a long haul procedure. My skin is now almost perfect, I have a clear run until my holiday in September to reach 100%. It is such a relief to know the 'safe foods' and how to control your skin. I differ from you though, as I don't eat any fruit, not yet anyways.

While I know a lot of the food people want to eat is processed, I'll agree that it's bullshit that everything causes acne. Fruit? avoid apples and bananas? seriously? They're like the most fundamental fruits!!

Honestly, I don't believe people when they say they eat something and the next day they wake up with a breakout.

Is there anyone here who has actually gotten 100% clear from eating right? this does not include taking dozens of supplements either.

The greatest thing for me was that cutting out those foods has also eliminated several other food sensitivities that I had. I think gluten especially puts your immune system in a "hyperalert mode", which could explain people noticing all sorts of random food<-->breakout connections. Tomatoes, peaches, grapefruits, some nuts, certain fruits were all things I suspected as breaking me out, but now I can eat any and as much of these to my hearts content.

How long did it take you to notice any changes (in acne)? I have been gluten AND dairy free for a month and so far there has been only a little change, not that it will stop me from going gluten free as it just shouldnt be in anyones diet, and I will happily go without it for the rest of my life :)

How long did it take you to notice any changes (in acne)? I have been gluten AND dairy free for a month and so far there has been only a little change, not that it will stop me from going gluten free as it just shouldnt be in anyones diet, and I will happily go without it for the rest of my life :)

Avoiding those things didn't help me at all.

Although that doesn't mean I make them a big part of my diet. I don't think gluten is good for anyone, but it's better tolerated in the form of long fermented or breads for example. Dairy varies with the source and product and of course the sensitivities of the individual.

Not to mention there's the 3 day acne cure that involves eating ONLY apples.

Acne cures and causes are all contradictions.

Honestly, I don't believe people when they say they eat something and the next day they wake up with a breakout. First, it doesn't happen that fast, and secondly, how can you determine what caused the acne unless you ate only one thing per day?

There are more diets to 'cure' acne than there are to lose weight. It's insane.

How long does it take for a throat to swell up after consuming something you're allergic to? Certainly not days or weeks. So how long should it take to break out from something you may be mildly allergic to or even have a sensitivity to? Certainly not days or weeks. Yes, it can happen overnight.

I have cut out grains, soy, dairy, refined sugar and most processed foods (I still buy my almond milk from the store instead of making it). I am 100% clear from it. The only times my skin has broken out in the past 7 months is the far and few times when I ate something I knew I should'nt have. The first time I had chips and salsa was a month or two ago. It was my first grain in months. My skin was perfectly clear. The next day after eating that - I had a couple of small spots. And 2 weeks ago, my skin was perfectly clear. I forgot to take lunch to work that Friday, didn't have time to eat breakfast, and had no cash to buy anything healthy. Out of sheer painful hunger, I had a slice of pizza that the company provided. The next day, I had 3 cysts on my jawline. The following day, I had another one. Of course they cleared up in a few days after I had went back to eating properly for my body.

I must point out that my diet was in no way different than it had been for the past 7 months and I eat pretty much the same foods. I eat lots of spinach, broccoli, kale, tomatoes, peppers, apples, bananas, raisins even, chicken, tuna, turkey, occasionally beef, onions, garlic and cauliflower. It's rare that I veer off from those foods and even when I do, I don't break out.

There are people still here to help others and offer support and advice. There's no rule requiring us to leave once we're clear.

So yes, you CAN break out a day after eating something you're sensitive to and diet has cleared me up 100% without any supplementation at all. I started trying to take some back in January, but stopped after about 2 weeks and haven't taken any since.

I eat almost no grains, and no milk, and I get along fine.

There's plenty out there to eat! Eating healthy isn't just about cutting stuff out, it's about eating REAL food.

You can eat vegetables, whole grains (if you can tolerate them-I can't, but I'm weird..), low sugar fruit (most fruit is lower in sugar, just avoid apples, oranges, grapes, and bananas. They're nasty anyway) and MEAT. Yes, meat.

There's plenty for you to eat. Calm down.

I eat apples and banana on a very regular basis and even raisins. Far from low sugar and far from nasty - especially with some cinnamon sprinkled on them. I also eat a lot of Larabars.

I'm perfectly clear.

Do you currently have acne? Do you take supplements?

The statements that 'everything causes acne' is completely accurate. Everyone has something different that they think causes them to break out, it's a different food for everyone it seems. And they all swear by it.

If you avoid all the foods that people claim break them out, then you better enjoy water, because that's what you're left with.

And that's the moment it becomes bullshit.

Or you could enjoy meat, fruits and veggies because those tend to be safest foods - allergies like citrus, aside.

It sounds to me that you're just an angsty teenager whose pissed off because all of the popular junk food that they love is breaking them out and you don't want to accept that it probably is. Not assuming that's what you are - just that it's the impression I'm getting.

I'm pretty sure I KNOW what breaks me out because when I eat it, I break out. When I don't eat it, I don't break out. It's not exactly rocket science. And yea, it can be a different food for everyone. Different bodies react differently to different things.

Not sure why that sounds so unbelievable to you.

There is a lot of crap food out there, stuff that you should not ever eat but it would be nice to eat a bowl of cereal or some snack food just once in a while with out worry about breaking out! For me I can tell you 2 to 4 days after I have eaten a trigger food and I get spots. Elf

The statements that 'everything causes acne' is completely accurate. Everyone has something different that they think causes them to break out, it's a different food for everyone it seems. And they all swear by it.

If you avoid all the foods that people claim break them out, then you better enjoy water, because that's what you're left with.

Well, yeah. You shouldn't avoid everything that anyone has said breaks them out. That would be illogical.

You should follow blood sugar stabilizing, nutrient dense, anti-inflammatory diet habits that doesn't include anything that you have an intolerance for. Use some logic.