Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
electricfish7

Am I using too many Products?

Mornings I wash my face with Cetaphil. Spot treat with Tea tree oil. A couple hours later i'll use Clindagel.

In the evening, I use cetaphil again. Every other day or so, I use St. Ive's Gentle Apricot Scrub. After a while I apply Differin gel and Tea Tree Oil. (sometimes Clindagel again)

I have a bad feeling that this is wayyyy to much, but on the flip side my skin is incredibly oily and I always feel like it's gonna break out!! :think:

Mornings I wash my face with Cetaphil. Spot treat with Tea tree oil. A couple hours later i'll use Clindagel.

In the evening, I use cetaphil again. Every other day or so, I use St. Ive's Gentle Apricot Scrub. After a while I apply Differin gel and Tea Tree Oil. (sometimes Clindagel again)

I have a bad feeling that this is wayyyy to much, but on the flip side my skin is incredibly oily and I always feel like it's gonna break out!! :think:

Thats really not alot, but if you find that you start breaking out worse you might wanna think about stopping one and see what it does.

Moved to the Oily Skin Issues board. The Logs boards are for tracking your progress with a particular treatment or regimen, not for asking questions about treatments or regimens. ; )

Well, that depends. Often, the over use of medication can iritate skin and cause it to produce more oil. Just recently, I have had to stop using anything but spot treatments and lotion. So far my skins oilyness has greatly reduced. Also, I have been using the OCM. If you do try this, MAKE SURE TO DO YOUR REASEARCH. Many people who do it incorrectly, too often, or durring the wrong weather have had terrible results.

So you use Differin every night? Do you put moisturizer over it? I usually don't put any acne treatments on top of it because it irritates your skin. I would also get a gentler exfoliator, st. ives is kind of harsh for acne prone breaking out skin. :)