Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jack225

my story and diet change

Hey everyone! My name is jack and im 14 years old, and i struggled with severe cystic acne all over my cheeks :(. i matured so fast that i got it alot eariler than kids in my grade (8th grade). But anyway i went to the dermo and than was on 100mg of minocycline, retinion cream, and benzaclin care kit face wash, i now use cetaphil face wash because it's gentile. but i read alot online about how diet can affect acne. so now every day this is my usual diet. im 5'11, 125 pounds.

vitimans: 1 adult multi,1000mg vitiman c, 1 omega 3-6-9,1 Acidophilus (minocycline gives me cramps),1 vitiman d, and for my acne, 2 minocycle 100mg, (1 morning 1 night)

diet: i try to eat as healthy as i can and eat as balanced, but i drink 1 glass of lemon water in the morning, and all i drink is water, green tea.

keep the lemon water first thing in the morning before you eat. if you dont use warm water with it then i suggest you start, i cant overstate how much its helped me.

give us an example of your actual food consumption though, like yesterday for example post a meal by meal breakdown so we can offer suggestions.

Edited by DeAntonio

keep the lemon water first thing in the morning before you eat. if you dont use warm water with it then i suggest you start, i cant overstate how much its helped me.

give us an example of your actual food consumption though, like yesterday for example post a meal by meal breakdown so we can offer suggestions.

Yes and id love to hear some suggestions..

well thank you ill start using the lemon water,

for breakfast, scrambled eggs (4), with some milk in the eggs

Lunch- big salad with some itlian dressing

snack-pop tart ( yes ik its bad for me)

dinner- usually some sort of meat (usually chicken), always a vegtable, and a glass of water

well thank you ill start using the lemon water,

for breakfast, scrambled eggs (4), with some milk in the eggs

Lunch- big salad with some itlian dressing

snack-pop tart ( yes ik its bad for me)

dinner- usually some sort of meat (usually chicken), always a vegtable, and a glass of water

try to ditch the milk in the eggs, that might be more important then avoiding pop tarts but they also definitely have to go.

Try not to drink too much with your meals, even if its water and if you are gonna drink something try to make it a warm drink (tea or lemon water again which is probably even better because the lemon will aid in the digestion).

Italian dressing from the store is blah, HFCS and vegetable oil on top of fake artificial seasonings makes it a terrible choice. I would try to make my own (google some recipes) or just use extra virgin olive oil & balsamic vinegar to keep it simple.

Some people here say to avoid starches and all carbs and just go high fat, you can. I personally dont, I love to add yams/sweet potatoes into my meals and I even eat rice here and there. I would avoid pasta personally as well as all breads and carbs that contain gluten. Meat is good, cant really go wrong with that.

Edited by DeAntonio