Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phyrexia

Almost 100% clear from taking Candida supplements

*** 13/08/10 UPDATE: Bacne has gone down a lot, currently no actives! ***

Hi everyone!

My last post on this website was sometime last year, have been a regular lurker since then. Didn't have much to post till now, as I have been rather clear since starting on Dan's regime in Jan 2009, but still had a few pop out every few weeks.

Started having bacne since around Mar 2009, tried all kinds of suggestions here, none of them really had much effect. Then I had this massive breakout on my face at about Apr 2010, just had new pustules pop out almost everyday. My face looked really bad, bacne didn't change much.

I got desperate, so I decided to try something that I have not tried before: Candida supplements. So I bought a bunch of supplements that were used to treat candida, started taking them regularly. Improvement took a few weeks, but the breakouts started to reduce in frequency, gradually it reduced to just 1 new every week or so.

So I have been on this supplement regime till now, which is about 4 months now. And finally, from the middle of Jul 2010 (Just last month) till today, I had ZERO breakouts. Absolutely none whatsoever. I waited till now to post, because I wanted to be sure that my breakouts stopped 100%.

The catch is this: I have not changed my diet AT ALL. White rice, white bread, chocolate, coffee, beer, sweets, ice cream, cheese, waffles, potato chips, fruit juice, etc. Basically anything that is supposedly bad for candida, I am eating/drinking it. Now, when I started taking candida supplements, I chose not to change my diet at all, only because I love eating. There was no way in hell that I was going to forsake the best foods in the world because of acne. :)

I have are three disclaimers I want to make clear:

1) My bacne has not 100% gone away, even till today. But the severity has gone down somewhat, but I still get a new one pop out every week or so. So I cannot say that what I am doing is a solution for bacne.

2) My regime has not reduced my oily skin at all. I still have quite oily skin now, and it has always been the case since years ago.

3) I am very aware that what worked for my face acne MAY NOT WORK FOR EVERYONE. I am not even remotely suggesting it. My purpose for posting this, is simply just to let everyone know what has worked for me, and MAYBE, just MAYBE, it can provide what little help and encouragement for you that is reading this right now.

And in case you are wondering, yes I have been on Dan's regime ever since Jan 2009, everyday without stopping. And my massive breakouts still came this year, without warning. Which is why I am pretty confident that its the supplements that helped. I am still using Dan's regime now, more out of habit (And superstition?) than anything else.

Here are the supplements I'm on:

NOW Foods Candida Clear, 2 caps three times a day

NOW Foods Coconut Oil softgels, 3 caps three times a day

Irwin Naturals Healthy Skin & Hair, 1 cap twice a day

Candex Yeast Management System, 2 caps first thing in the morning and last thing before bed

Culturelle lactobacillus GG, 1 cap first thing in the morning and last thing before bed

And recently, I added:

Doctor's Best Alpha Lipoic Acid 150mg, 1 cap three times a day

Symbiotics Candida Balance, 2 caps first thing in the morning (Culturelle reduced to only 1 cap before bed)

I've tried many supplements in the past, but none has really worked this well. The other supplements that I've been on, were gradually reduced and eventually removed from my regime.

Other things that I am doing now, is drinking rooibos tea (About 4 teabags a day), and using pure aloe vera juice on my face in the mornings. But I doubt these help much, as I have tried them in the past and my breakouts still occured. I'm just doing these now for general health and hopefully even better skin. :)

Attached are the before and after pictures. The before pic was sometime in May 2010, where I was still getting new pimples (My forehead was the worse, had like 6+ large bumps). The after was taken just a few days ago, during my holiday in Hong Kong. If you want to see more pictures, or just some proof that I am a "real person", you can find my pictures on Facebook (Just search for "Teng Cang-Rong Jason").

I know its a really long post, but I wanted to be comprehensive in my post hehe. Let me know if you have questions, I will try to answer them. Meanwhile, stay strong in your personal fight against acne, you will get clear one day! :)

post-92041-1281540264_thumb.jpg

post-92041-1281540275_thumb.jpg

post-92041-1281540264_thumb.jpg

post-92041-1281540275_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phyrexia

Here are the supplements I'm on:

NOW Foods Candida Clear, 2 caps three times a day

NOW Foods Coconut Oil softgels, 3 caps three times a day

Irwin Naturals Healthy Skin & Hair, 1 cap twice a day

Candex Yeast Management System, 2 caps first thing in the morning and last thing before bed

Culturelle lactobacillus GG, 1 cap first thing in the morning and last thing before bed

And recently, I added:

Doctor's Best Alpha Lipoic Acid 150mg, 1 cap three times a day

Symbiotics Candida Balance, 2 caps first thing in the morning (Culturelle reduced to only 1 cap before bed)

Were you on all these supplements at the same time everyday or did you take alternate days?

To only.one. - Hey thanks for the compliment! :) Nope I did not do any candida diet at all, just continued to eat typical everyday foods. Of course I try to eat healthy whenever I can, but I do indulge in sinful foods whenever I feel like it.

To CheyCheyenne - I know what you mean, but stay strong! (Btw you look great on your DP! :))

To Agent Acne - I take all the supplements everyday like a machine. So far in the 4 months till today, I have only missed probably less than 3 doses in grand total.

I guess its hard to say whilst taking a few things but how effective has the NOW Foods Candida Clear been for you? I keep taking a look at it and it seems to have good reviews but i really dont want to end up wasting more money on supplements if its not going to help. Also just had a read on Candex Yeast Management System, sounds interesting and im tempted to give it ago.

Edited by Paul25

Hmmm well, I honestly wouldn't know either. I started most of them all at the same time, so it could be a synergistic effect of sorts. You might wanne try out the Candida Clear first since it is a lot cheaper compared to Candex. :)

I would like to try these supplements but I am currently stationed in Okinawa Japan ( the humidity here is a KILLER! ! ! ) I think its worse for the skin! Where can I get the supplements at? Or will anyone recommend the supplements here in Japan?

Hey Phyrexia, I started Candida Clear about two days ago. I'm not completely positive that I have Candida, but I suspect that I may have, so I decided to give this a try. I was wondering how long it was before you started seeing results and if there was an initual detox/purging peeriod that your skin went through. And any other information you can provide that you feel is helpful would be great, thanks!

Edited by esessa

Hey Phyrexia, I started Candida Clear about two days ago. I'm not completely positive that I have Candida, but I suspect that I may have, so I decided to give this a try. I was wondering how long it was before you started seeing results and if there was an initual detox/purging peeriod that your skin went through. And any other information you can provide that you feel is helpful would be great, thanks!

Is there an accurate Candida test that you can get at a clinic? Always read that the spit test was not accurate at all.

I got all my supplements from iherb, so you might wanne try there first. As for the candida test, I honestly have no idea if it works, but I guess it won't hurt. :)