Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elkapo

5th month - advice?

I'm on my last two days with Accutane and I had an appointment with my derm last Monday, I asked him if i could do an extra 6th month because I've seen many people say when they did 6th months they had better results. I've been taking 30mg twice a day for the whole course and i gotta say my face has cleared up really good I haven't had a bad pimple in over a month.

Now the problem is my insurance only covers 150 days of the treatment and my doctor just requested the 6th month approval so it is still processing, I'm afraid I'm gonna run out of pills before they approve it (if they do) so would it be better to just stop taking it or continue taking it even if i have to miss some days with the medication? any help is much appreciated!

I'd certainly continue even though you'l have to miss some days off of accutane. Stopping accutane for a week or so doesn't stop it from working or decrease its effect really.