Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_scars23

My Doc's Plan for the scars

Hey guyz Ssup

post-132418-1281539449_thumb.jpg

Alright I went To a doc finally for my shallow scars and this is what he said would work!!...

3 sessions of pixel laser

3 sessions of tca cross

or he said if imm not cool with the laser he can do dermarolling .

He said I can have 80% improvement with this what do you guyz have to say.... is this right???????????

I am so excited even if i can have a 50-60% improvement!!

post-132418-1281539449_thumb.jpg

Edited by acne_scars23

Is that the order in which he wants to do the procedures - first laser then cross? I would think you should have the cross first, wait a while, then do the laser or needling.

i have similar scars (just more of them) and i was offered the same treatment. i think its a good combination of treatments. the only difference between u and what im going to do and what you are doing is, im trading in multiple laser sessions for 1 fraxel repair - which is much stronger but ultimately faster (since you only need one or two max). all the best with your treatments dude.

Edited by mr_sunshine

I think you will have good improvement on your scars. But as said before I would also do TCA Cross 4-5 times and then go for the laser treatment.

Laser in between tca cross treatments would eventually destroy fresh skin from tca cross

Alright Guyz Thanks a lot

Could you tell me how much time should I wait between the tca cross treatments and after how long should i have the pixel laser?

And is dermarolling better than laser??????? said by worldsneedcures

Alright Guyz Thanks a lot

Could you tell me how much time should I wait between the tca cross treatments and after how long should i have the pixel laser?

And is dermarolling better than laser??????? said by worldsneedcures

You should wait 6-8 weeks between the cross treatments and 4-5 weeks for the laser after your last cross.

No point in doing laser---90% of your scarring is ice pick...just do TCA cross and see if it works.

agree with tca cross first.

See how that works first before going for more aggressive lasering...especially your scars are not that bad IMHO.

I'd do TCA cross which if done properly can have very little downtime and problems...Lasering on the other hand is for more severe scarring and has other issues.

Do a lot of research bud.

I'd had a similar question regarding TCA Cross and resurfacing (laser or, what I'm currently doing, eMatrix RF sublative rejuvenation)

I contacted Dr. Lam on his forum and asked how long I should wait to have a TCA cross following these types of procedures and he responded that I should wait at least 90 days, as not to damage any new collagen growth that is a result of the laser or eMatrix RF.

I don't know if that would work in reverse, ie. TCA Cross, then resurfacing laser.

I just wanted to pass on the information that I was able to get from Dr. Lam

Let us know what you choose to do and best of luck for you!!