Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kkkevin

acne, roscea and dark scars

I'm 20, turning 21 end of this year, and Asian.

Just wondering who has tried, BP (benzac ac 5%) to get rid most of their acne? Well, its been working absolutely great for me, alot more smooth. I could touch my face with alot more confidence BUT when I look in the mirror, theres redness and dark scars left behind. (I am still get a little bit of acne under my jaw line) its still depressing me.

Now I'm using "Finacea" at night, and Benzac ac 5% in the morning PLUS Form cleanser (daily). I just recently started, Finacea for the redness and scarring. Wondering if Finacea helped? And also has anyone or is it good to mix both Finacea and Benzac together at the same time and apply daily?

P.S I'm doing a light Gemini Laser treatment in a week.

Thanks, Kevin

This is basically where I'm at. I can relate on the feel - when I feel my face it's smoother - but I still have lots of marks that are going away at a freakin snail's pace, even one or two hypertrophic scars and still occasional zits.. but it's going away. I've been on the regimen with OTC products for like 2 months, only missing 2 PM applications.

I can't offer much more advice then that, only ask questions, but I hope whatever you do works out,

good luck

i m allergic to bp so i m on doxycycline now...and i dont even have one zit left...i m happy

This is basically where I'm at. I can relate on the feel - when I feel my face it's smoother - but I still have lots of marks that are going away at a freakin snail's pace, even one or two hypertrophic scars and still occasional zits.. but it's going away. I've been on the regimen with OTC products for like 2 months, only missing 2 PM applications.

I can't offer much more advice then that, only ask questions, but I hope whatever you do works out,

good luck

i m allergic to bp so i m on doxycycline now...and i dont even have one zit left...i m happy

doxy is hopelessssssssssssssssss