Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
queengodiva

scarred pores

hi I have a few scarred/enlarged pores from picking <_< . I was wondering if there is any treatment that reduce the scarring of enlarged pores? They are so noticable to me! Thanks

Hello! Here is what worked for me. So far I did four dermasponge (microdermabrasion) treatments. I did each of these treatment every one or 1.5 weeks (depending on whether I would feel that my skin was still recovering from the latest treatment or not). I did the last two or three of them quite aggresively (skin peeled like crazy after doing them, tip: stop abrading when you start feel pain, just to be on the safe side). Then, five days after the fourth treatment (after the skin had stopped peeling), I applied glycolic acid on the scarred pores (the acid was only at 20%, but it worked very well). After all these things the pores became tiny dots, occupy much less surface on the skin and seemed to be very very superficial now. Lately I've been using salicylic acid (cleanser with sa, sa liquid, cream with sa, all of them at a quite low percentage). Pores now look like tiny lines on the skin. Personally, I don't think that I will use glycolic acid at the pores again, because I am afraid that I might revert the pleasant results that I got (and I am not quite sure if I can completely 100% remove the scarred pores), but I will probably keep doing the dermasponge treatment once every 1.5 or 2 weeks. I also use bio-oil daily. Perhaps, you should try these things and be patient. In a few months you can get very pleasant results.

I recall one poster saying that Retin-A Micro and Copper Peptide Serum had helped her scarred pores somewhat.

hi everyone! Thanks so much for all the replys! I have used Retina before but I tend to have a lot of problems with it-(my skin become to sensitive, red etc.) Woudl it be possibleto use it on just the area with scarred pores? And if I were to do TCA or dermasponge thing woudl I be able to continue with the regimen? My skin is so clear now I just don't to risk breaking out again! Thank you for everyone's input! biggrin.gif

You mean Dan's regimen? It should be ok, yes. Dermasponges help treating acne too. TCA is a strong chemical though, if you opt for TCA, perhaps you should get some at low concentration? Also, salicylic acid is very good for cleaning your pores, which results in smaller looking pores.