Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andreac

I wont go out of the house right now

So I have started the regimen nearly a week ago and acne is not breaking out as much since using the BP. But the acne I have at the moment is the most severe I have had in my life. Maybe because this is the first time in 10 years that I am not an acne medication. None of it has worked so why take more pills. You can see my starting pictures on the regimen on my profile.

I am so low right now though, I feel so ugly and all I do is sit in the house all day in my pj's. I don't want to face the world with my skin looking as bad as it. I can pretty much cover up 90% of it with a good make up, but it takes forever and it means looking into a mirror that long.

It's actually causing a mild depression with me now. It doesn't help either when people see me and say "your skin is bad isn't it" very nice of them to say that when I feel so upset about it.

I am just hoping that in a week it will be a little better as I have a BBQ party to go to and its outside in ddaylight so that is very scary for me :cry:

Does anyone else ever feel like this?

I feel like this every day

Shit sucks hard

Sometimes it's okay, it seems to get better and then it goes back to being bad

This cycle is fucking with my brain

I'll make some solid progress and improvement in my skin for a couple weeks or so

And then slowly it'll start to decline again back to where I was

Back and forth back and forth this sick cycle goes

Hope becomes more and more nonexistent with each passing failure

When will this hell end I wonder

Edited by tren_ace

I feel like this every day

Shit sucks hard

Sometimes it's okay, it seems to get better and then it goes back to being bad

This cycle is fucking with my brain

I'll make some solid progress and improvement in my skin for a couple weeks or so

And then slowly it'll start to decline again back to where I was

Back and forth back and forth this sick cycle goes

Hope becomes more and more nonexistent with each passing failure

When will this hell end I wonder

Life sucks, and then you die:(.

i feel the same right now, and im in the same position as you with the regimen

i've been on the regimen 1 and half weeks now and my acne is worse then when i started the regimen

i knew it had gotten worse, but not this bad, i noticed how bad it was when i was driving to the gym and saw in the mirror, and i was so depressed the whole time at the gym, but im glad to be home now

i think for some people your acne initially gets worse on the regimen before it gets better, so im counting on it to start clearing during week 3 :)

and i hope your acne clears up as soon as possible

goodluck on the regimen

So I have started the regimen nearly a week ago and acne is not breaking out as much since using the BP. But the acne I have at the moment is the most severe I have had in my life. Maybe because this is the first time in 10 years that I am not an acne medication. None of it has worked so why take more pills. You can see my starting pictures on the regimen on my profile.

I am so low right now though, I feel so ugly and all I do is sit in the house all day in my pj's. I don't want to face the world with my skin looking as bad as it. I can pretty much cover up 90% of it with a good make up, but it takes forever and it means looking into a mirror that long.

It's actually causing a mild depression with me now. It doesn't help either when people see me and say "your skin is bad isn't it" very nice of them to say that when I feel so upset about it.

I am just hoping that in a week it will be a little better as I have a BBQ party to go to and its outside in ddaylight so that is very scary for me :cry:

When first using B.P it can cause your current acne to become irritated and to look worse. This will pass and it will get better trust me.

As for you staying in the house. Although I understand how you feel this is the worst thing you can possibly do. You are allowing acne to imprision you in your own home. What happens is that the more you stay in the more you want to stay in and so you slowly accept this as normality. You essentially become comfortable with being uncomfortable.

You need to accept that you have acne. If you can do that you can move on. There is no cure for it, we can only treat it. You are doing all you can you can to treat it so why worry about what else you can do?

When it rains do you run from shelter to shelter getting wet anyway, or just accept that it is raining and walk with dignity?

If you can accept that you have a skin condition and just say to yourself

"Screw it, this is me take it or leave it. I don't care what anyone thinks, i only care what i think"

You can do it, just need to stop feeling sorry for yourself. I know that sounds harsh but i mean that in the nicest way. I hope you can resolve this soon as you do not want to be losing too much of your life to this.

I have been on antibiotics for 6 years and I am scared to death of stopping them. I am not satisfied with the results but, like you, I am worried that my skin will get really bad if I come off them. Some days I feel really bad about the way I look, but I never stop myself from doing things I want to do. Please dont let acne control you. In all honesty, you are still an attractive person, acne or not.

I used to.

I've had acne, ranging in severity, for about 12 years. I cannot remember a time before acne. It has shaped who I am; it has made me a loner, someone that doesn't go out much. It's made it so that I take pleasure in introspective activities. I used to feel depressed, but now that depression feels like a part of me. I just spend 80% of my time alone now. I am fortunate in that I work from home.

My advice? Don't let it happen to you too. You don't have to be like me. Go out, have a good time, ensure that you find the best acnes treatments as quickly as is possible. Close friends will not care what you look like.

You HAVE to stop wearing crappy makeup. Do not listen to them when they say it won't clog your pores. It will. If it's on your face and your skin is already inflammed, it will absolutely make it worse. If you have to wear makeup for some reason, get Bare Minerals or another brand of high quality, natural powder makeup. But trust me, once you stop wearing it everyday, and you see how much your skin improves, you'll start to get more comfortable not wearing it.

If bacteria is your main problem, then you should try a very clean, healthy diet and see if it improves. Look at the nutrition message boards and get some ideas.

You have to get out of your house. I think depression makes acne worse. Theres no sceintific proof for that, but i know it made mine worse. Just go out and try to have fun and maybe you'll forget about it for a little while.

I used to.

I've had acne, ranging in severity, for about 12 years. I cannot remember a time before acne. It has shaped who I am; it has made me a loner, someone that doesn't go out much. It's made it so that I take pleasure in introspective activities. I used to feel depressed, but now that depression feels like a part of me. I just spend 80% of my time alone now. I am fortunate in that I work from home.

My advice? Don't let it happen to you too. You don't have to be like me. Go out, have a good time, ensure that you find the best acnes treatments as quickly as is possible. Close friends will not care what you look like.

[/quote

Your story is extremely sad. :cry: Have you ever seen a counselor? I can't imagine living the rest of my life like that.

I can totally imagine what you are going thru. It happens to me all the time. All the people that I hang out with have perfect skins and they eat/drink whatever they want. I am the one who's always thinking if I eat this I would break out, if I drink this I would break out. I try to take special care eating/exercising if there is a social event in next few days. Right now I am freaking out because I have to visit some friends over the weekend and my face looks like crazy. I hate this acne.

I used to.

[/quote

Your story is extremely sad. :cry: Have you ever seen a counselor? I can't imagine living the rest of my life like that.

Oh yeah. But not until it was too late. I come from a country where counselling is not respected. I started seeing a counsellor when I was around 16, but by that stage I had already had the acne for 3 years. The impact was permanent - it had shaped me, made me who I was. Acne strikes in the formative years, when someone is developing half of their personality, desires etc; if it is either severe or moderate, it will have a permanent impact on the personality, become a part of the person, their essence. Integrated into the personality. So it can't really be overcome, unless you have something equivalent to a lobotomy. My advice is to seek counselling and effective treatments as early as is possible - preferably as soon as acne comes. I was 12/13 when it first appeared, so I didn't really consider going to see a counsellor. Also, some people, like me, will find that no treatments are effective. But that's just luck of the draw.

Yes i feel the same, i have a wedding next week and already the stress has kicked in and im looking for excuses but know i have to face it.

I dont have any cysts at the moment but in the last 3 years each random cysts leaves a scar so now i am covered in pits and scars, im so ashamed to see friends that i haven't seen for years, id rather not see any one but im trying to soldier on for my boy friend, his great, a real rock but i find it hard to understand how he can even think im pretty, he tells me all the time but i truly cant beleive it, the girl he fell for had great skin :cry:

My doc has suggested counselling so im going next week but really cant see it helping, he cant give me back my skin can he.

I wish for the day i wake up and dont rush to the mirror to see if any new cysts are occuring, i took for granted having ok skin before, id give up so much just to have it back.

Ive started Accutan today, i cant sit and watch my face destroy itself any longer. All the topicals i use are just damaging my skin, eating away from the out side and leaving holes.

Can i ask what you used before to rid your acne? Have you ever tried accutane?

Kel x

Yes i feel the same, i have a wedding next week and already the stress has kicked in and im looking for excuses but know i have to face it.

I dont have any cysts at the moment but in the last 3 years each random cysts leaves a scar so now i am covered in pits and scars, im so ashamed to see friends that i haven't seen for years, id rather not see any one but im trying to soldier on for my boy friend, his great, a real rock but i find it hard to understand how he can even think im pretty, he tells me all the time but i truly cant beleive it, the girl he fell for had great skin :cry:

My doc has suggested counselling so im going next week but really cant see it helping, he cant give me back my skin can he.

I wish for the day i wake up and dont rush to the mirror to see if any new cysts are occuring, i took for granted having ok skin before, id give up so much just to have it back.

Ive started Accutan today, i cant sit and watch my face destroy itself any longer. All the topicals i use are just damaging my skin, eating away from the out side and leaving holes.

Can i ask what you used before to rid your acne? Have you ever tried accutane?

Kel x

It is relieving to know to know that I am not alone. Ive suffered from acne since I was 11 on and off and now Im 23. Hang in there.

I know the feeling, Ive sort of reprogrammed everything around my skin now. I had a really bad breakout one day and from then on i have hidden away alot. That was 2 months ago, about 6 weeks ago i started accutane and since i started taking it my skin has got alot better and ive started leaving the house and doing things (though im still avoiding friends/ex gf atm).

Anywho I wont outright encourage anyone to take the drug because everyone reacts differently to the drug, but when i decided to take it i sort of felt like i was taking a gamble. If you read up on the chances of the serious side effects, the ratios for anything serious are about 1 in 10,000 people.

My parents asked me a question recently when i told them i wanted to up my dosage on the drug. They said would you rather have acne or be dead. I told them that if i had to live my entire life with bad acne i would far rather be dead.

That sort of sounds a bit dramatic. If i did have bad acne for life i wouldnt take my own life as i have strong and unsympathetic opinions on people who commit suicide, only because of what they are doing to family/friends.

Anywho imagine having bad acne for life, that thought made me take action.

You know, morning probably is the best part of the day. Set the alarm clock early, have a good sleep, and then go out. Your skin needs a lot of rest and time to regenerate, sleep is best for it. And you must have heard of raised dopamine (natural happiness hormone) amounts in blood in the mornings. There arent many people out at this part of day, and those who are- are sleepy anyway. There are no car fumes and air is very fresh. Its like a drug, problem is (for me), what to do the rest of the day.