Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ProblemEncountered

Major Dryness - Help?

I'm on my fourth day of the regimen. I'm from the UK and am using a Clean & Clear cleanser which I will soon change to cetaphil soap, PanOxyl BP gel (2.5%) and a basic cosmetic moisteuriser.

My skin has become seriously dry and moisteurising isn't helping - the lower half of my face is practically paralyzed - I can't open my mouth wide and the skin feels rough and coarse. My lips are dry now too. I have checked the FAQ and while it seems to say I am just adjusting to BP gel I am scared that this isn't going to go away - moisteurising and showering are doing nothing about it.

Please help, I am in great discomfort and will be meeting with friends tomorrow evening. Should I just press ahead with the regimen or stop it now? Should I buy a particular moisteuriser? See a doctor?

I am also on Oxytetracyline oral treatment for anti-biotics, and before trying the regimen I was on Retin-A. I've had acne for three years now and I've tried just about everything but roaccutane - the regimen seems to be working against the acne, though it's too early to say, but my skin has never been so dry. Help!!

KEEP PUSHIN ON!!!!

It happened to me too. I have dry skin to begin with, so the first week I felt so tight and hard-skinned it was crazy. My sis even said that I look like it´s too dry for me. But, I kept with it, and my skin got used to it and the rest is history. BP has that drying effect to it until your skin gets accustomed. But, you have to keep moisturizing, it´s very key. Keep slathering it on, that´s what I did. Don´t skip on the gathering with your friends tomorrow. What moisturizer are you using? When I was dry, I went with CEtaphil, which helped immensely.

Hope that helps!

The moisteuriser I am using is called "Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser" - "Simple" stuff has no perfume or colour - contains Vitamin B5 and Vitamin E. Dunno if it's any good, doesn't help my skin much. I will look out for a different moisturiser I guess.

I'll keep pressing on with the regimen but more replies are welcome and wanted - anything that can be used to make it less uncomfortable would be great.

SFDP.

Also, this is making it tricky to eat - should I fight the dryness and eat freely and risk damaging the skin or just eat soup for a couple of days? Any moisturiser that'd work through this period?

You started too fast. If it's really bad, stop altogether for a week or two and start up again, this time very slowly. If it's manageable, you can keep pressing on, but use a tiny amount of bp. You have sensitive skin quite obviously, so work your way into bp.

-Dan

hey ... I am in my 5 days of my regime too.... and also i expereince the same as you ... and don't knwo what to do ... well ... I will reduce my amount of bp gel than ...

okis .. now what happend to you skin ????????????????????????????????????????? wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

did it get well... ????? what did you do ... can you help me too...

are you still in Dan/s regime ?????

answer my questions please ... I also need help ... what can I do ??

I just reduced the amount of BP I was using and put up - much less dryness now, only a day later, and I can move my mouth freely again. My skin is noticably better and I'm going to continue on the course until clear, slowly increasing the amount of BP.

hello dear .. I don't know how old are you and how is your ance ???

well .. I am 16 yrs old and experenice just mild ance for 1 yrs or so .. but I don't reallly want that .. \

I will keep going with the regime !!! that really help you clear up !/////???? cuase I think me and you have the same problem....

I have pimples in my cheek ... and it feel dry .. !!

do you use moisturizer too ????

well what to you do .. ?? oh .. and .. after like 1 week .. do you still getting news one ???

thank you .. and response me please . I want some advie

hope some one gonna help me ... cuase with the regime .. I still getting new one !!??? is it should be like that

I'm 17 and have had acne for three years - it has been fairly serious and I have been on several oral anti-biotics and topical creams - five days ago I had grade three acne, somewhere between mild and moderate.

Two days ago, after three days of the Regimen, I was in great discomfort with dry skin restricting the movement of my mouth. I reduced the amount of BP I was applying, used a little more moisteuriser, drank plenty and it was gone by the next day. It's now my fifth day on the regimen and I haven't been this clear for about three years. Another week on the regimen and I expect I will be completely clear. One new spot has appeared at the side of my forehead, which is generally covered by my long hair and so didn't get so much BP gel. It is rapidly being dealt with. My skin is still a little dry but moisturising is more than enough to solve any discomfort. This regimen works miracles.

Keep on it, wash with cleanser, wait fifteen minutes, apply BP, wait fifteen minutes, moisturise - twice a day. If you have the same condition as me you will be beautiful in a week.

Can't believe I'm going to be going back to college with clear skin.

A lot of people report problems with the panoxyl bp - it is nicknamed "PainOxyl" by some around here. You might want to try a different bp.