Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im going to start taking a fiber concoction every morning when i wake up (to make myself more...regular haha).

I hear taking fiber (like metamucil) can inhibit vitamins from being absorbed. How long do you think i should wait to take my daily vitamins (fish oil, zinc, D, C). Thanks so much for the help!

Also, is the morning the best time to take fiber?

Personally, I hardly ever use the term "fiber" without specifying what kindof fiber I'm talking about. It's soluble fiber (as opposed to insoluble fiber) which is the main culprit at absorbing vitamins and minerals (yes, Metamucil is a soluble fiber). I would imagine that putting an hour or so in between your fiber and your supplements would probably be sufficient, especially if you eat breakfast first, then take the supplements (that puts the breakfast between the fiber and the supplements, helping a bit to keep them separated). In general, though, I wouldn't spend a lot of time worrying that your soluble fiber supplement is going to absorb your vitamins and minerals. That's not a good enough reason to be scared of fiber! Just take a little more vitamins and minerals, in addition to what I suggested above.