Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aleks_hopethisworks

Mixing BP WITH moisturiser

Hello everyone,

Im struggling with many whiteheads at the moment, ive tried using BP before and then applying moisturiser but even using half a peasize amount of BP makes my skin soooooooooo red and flaky. But today i mixed equal amounts (maybe a bit more moisturiser) on the back of my hand and applied the mixture to my face. I dont have the usual extremely tight feeling i ususally get and im only a bit red. Could this be a method i could use or will mixing with moisturiser ruin the effect of the BP??

Its soo hard to juggle acne AND dry, red, flaky skin....

Any advice would be greatly appriciated

Thanks for reading

aleks xx

Hello everyone,

Im struggling with many whiteheads at the moment, ive tried using BP before and then applying moisturiser but even using half a peasize amount of BP makes my skin soooooooooo red and flaky. But today i mixed equal amounts (maybe a bit more moisturiser) on the back of my hand and applied the mixture to my face. I dont have the usual extremely tight feeling i ususally get and im only a bit red. Could this be a method i could use or will mixing with moisturiser ruin the effect of the BP??

Its soo hard to juggle acne AND dry, red, flaky skin....

Any advice would be greatly appriciated

Thanks for reading

aleks xx

Mixing the BP and moisturizer may affect how well the BP is able to penetrate your skin, which could make it less effective against acne.

How long have you been using BP?

use jojoba oil before BP instead, then apply your moisturizer after. it gets rid of that super tight feeling, and helps the BP soak deeper into your pores. applying jojoba oil before BP also helps a ton with the redness and flakes. i posted a thread in this forum saying what i do with the jojoba oil. and frankly after doing it for the first time 75% of my flakes were gone, and i had no lobster red face. you should give it a read. jojoba oil has worked amazingly for a lot of people.

use jojoba oil before BP instead, then apply your moisturizer after. it gets rid of that super tight feeling, and helps the BP soak deeper into your pores. applying jojoba oil before BP also helps a ton with the redness and flakes. i posted a thread in this forum saying what i do with the jojoba oil. and frankly after doing it for the first time 75% of my flakes were gone, and i had no lobster red face. you should give it a read. jojoba oil has worked amazingly for a lot of people.

what moisturiser should you use ?