Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tran2

All aboard the tane train

Short history about myself:

Mild acne started half way through high school, started to get more severe as i got older. It was pretty severe in 2008 but then after a full summer of playing ultimate frisbee it cleared up A LOT. Im guessing it was all the exercise but im not 100% sure as i still kept active and of course the acne came back. Benzoyl peroxide kept it under control for a bit but i always had a few pimples here and there. Basically its been a rollercoaster ride, acne going up and down on my damn face.

I have used proactiv, exposed, Dans regimen, ocm, acv, vitamins, healthy diet..etc. So ive finally decided to go on Clarus accutane after i got a random huge break out that is quite severe :( Anyways im healing from that breakout right now but my skin is still horrible.

I just took my first dose of 50 mg of Clarus generic accutane. I will be updating my log every week at the least with pics. So here we go.. Day 1 August 10/2010

My current regimen with accutane: Wash with dans cleanser, sometimes acv/greentea toner and then moisturize

DAY 1

post-86412-1281462149_thumb.jpgpost-86412-1281462183_thumb.jpg

post-86412-1281462149_thumb.jpg

post-86412-1281462183_thumb.jpg

Hey, good luck man. I started the 5th of august so Im only 6 days ahead of you at 40Mg currently, no side effects so far.. And our acne is pretty similar I just have slightly less.

Day 2

Thanks guys, I just dont understand my skin, it was controllable a year with dans bp but now my skin is super sensitive so the dp becomes too drying to use even with moisturizer now. Anyways just took 50mg with some food.

Mood - Feeling good, had a game yesterday so the running helps with stress

Skin - very flaky if i dont moisturize, i think its from the bp, but i stopped using bp yesterday. I feel spots are becoming a bit purple? maybe its just the lighting

Side Effects - no side affects noticed yet

Edited by Tran2

Day 4

Just took my 4th dose with a fatty meal (frozen fish ,salad with ranch, and juice with flaxseed oil). In the morning i washed with cetaphil cleanser, acv toner, then moisturized. I forgot to mention that i am also taking:

Silymarin (Milk thistle extract with added artichoke and dandelion root, by NOW foods) - All 3 of the ingredients help with liver function and ive done a lot of drinking in the past 6 years lol plus accutane can cause liver problems as well

Vitamin C - good antioxidant, i also want to get vitamin E, i hear good things.

L-methionine - this is used for lowering histamines as i think i have Histadelia(high histamine in the blood). I do believe that high histamines can aggravate/cause acne. Plus this amino acid helps with detoxing and joint health (accutane can weaken your joints)

I used to take more than that but now with accutane i cut down. I plan on taking Colostrum again soon to help with a possible leaky gut and its suppose to be good for weight lifting as well.

So today my skin somewhat better, alot of spots have gone down a bit but they are still leaving bad red marks :( 4 small whiteheads popped up on my Tzone yesterday but they are healing fast. I have somewhat open spots that are hardening with blood and ive been using polysporin on them to help it heal so we will see how those end up. Other than that im feelin confident. I haven't noticed any side effects yet either

I also believe in having a positive mind state to help with healing, so every now and then i will either meditate or just do simple breathing exercises to relieve stress.

anyways ya hopefully my skin will get better in 3 weeks, back to COLLEGE :wall: so i really hope it works!

Edited by Tran2

Day 5

I wish i could fast foward 3 months lol Today hasn't been too bad, lots of spots are healing but are leaving horrible red marks :( and i have asian skin which sucksss for red marks. Ive read that Vitamin E oil helps with red marks, im thinking of buying some to use with jojoba oil for moisturizing, does anyone have any experience with vitamin E oil?

I haven't tried vitamin e oil but I use emu oil and it works really well. When the spot is in the dying stage I really plaster it on - like every few hours (even when I wake in the night) and the mark fades in days!

Also, I'd check with your derm about the first supplement u mentioned as I have read somewhere that things that help the liver should be avoided when on tane, but u know what the net is like, not everything is accurate! But check it out!

And I wish I could fast forward too, but I think the last few weeks have flown for me so I'm hoping the next few do too! Its like a countdown and right now I am 1/8 th of the way through,but in two more weeks I will be 1/4! That's if I stick to a four month course obviously!

Best of luck!

Day 8

I think you are right Del about taking stuff on accutane that is for the liver, i also have heard that. Anyways i have decided to stop taking them and just let accutane do its thing. I might take the silymarin after my course if my liver isnt doing too well.

Anyways, accutane is definitely working, ive only got a few new spots since i started, and they are all going away really fast. My skin is also getting much smoother which is a plus, but i still have lots of red marks from a serious breakout before accutane, which im still healing from. I have quite a few small scabs that ive been putting polysporin on which seems the help.

Ive been trying to occupy my mind with other things like sports and making music (im a dj :cool:) I think it definitely helps if im not stressing over my skin all the time, even though it is hard but im trying to keep my head up!

Glad to hear it's working so quickly!

Also so sick that you're a DJ, I've been attempting to mix music but I'm not very good.... yet ;)

Day 10

Short update, skin is healing nicely but soo many red marks :(, these red marks are just as bad as actual spots! so hopefully they fade soon. The side effects that ive noticed are slightly chapped/pasty lips and my left nostril had some dried blood this morning, other than that i haven noticed dry skin yet, I didnt even need to moisturize last night.

Day 10

Short update, skin is healing nicely but soo many red marks :(, these red marks are just as bad as actual spots! so hopefully they fade soon. The side effects that ive noticed are slightly chapped/pasty lips and my left nostril had some dried blood this morning, other than that i haven noticed dry skin yet, I didnt even need to moisturize last night.

I know what you mean about the red marks man, I haven't popped/picked a single pimple and they just take so long to go away, unusually long i guess because of the accutane.. the breakouts are slowing down though.

Day 12

ugh a few new zits popping up on my forehead, one on my chin, and a nasty multihead one beside my nose :( Hopefully these will be gone as fast as they came.

Skin is still not dry or oily (not sure if i have normal or sensitive skin lol) ive never had oily skin tho. Only side effect is slighty chapped lips, but i just got some aquaphor for that. The dried blood in my nose seemed to stop for now. I just got my first car today so hopefully it will keep my mind off acne for a while lol

Day16

Picture update!

So my skin seems much healthier, a lot less breakouts but LOTS of redmarks left by previous breakouts. My skin is much smoother but it still looks like i have lots of acne because of the redmarks even tho i have a lot less active spots. Its really taking a toll on my self esteem, im thinking of buying some foundation to help cover up.. anyone have any recommendations that look really natural on a guy?

post-86412-1282756395_thumb.jpgpost-86412-1282756442_thumb.jpg

post-86412-1282756395_thumb.jpg

post-86412-1282756442_thumb.jpg

Have you tried emu oil? it is really good for red marks! As for cover up, I would post a question in the cosmetics forum, I'm sure someone there will help you out!

Have you seen the pics in my log? think it is like day 19 and 20 or something like that, the difference is mad! Within a week my red marks are usuallt gone, with persistant use of emu oil - like every hour or so!!