Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
avron

Why all the denial about acne and masturbation?

Bond,

Goodluck buddy! the first week may be a bit hard, especially if you're used to doing it daily, however after the 2nd week, you won't even feel like you want to masturbate. smile.gif

you may become prone to nocturnal emissions during that period so I suggest that you do not sleep on your tummy... just to avoid any friction with the bed. smile.gif

LOL Avron I know its gonna be hard. I think we're alike; I got my acne at 17, and the acne myths always break me out. Though I think the state of mind has alot to do with it and all the stressing out over things like "shit why did I do that I'm gonna break out now".

Bond,

Goodluck buddy! the first week may be a bit hard, especially if you're used to doing it daily, however after the 2nd week, you won't even feel like you want to masturbate. smile.gif

you may become prone to nocturnal emissions during that period so I suggest that you do not sleep on your tummy... just to avoid any friction with the bed. smile.gif

this has been done before everyone stopped for a month from masturbating... and guess what the guy who did it didnt notice a thing and some of the other peopple said nothing happend either...so go ahead and stop masturbating ==. we probably just have some gene that makes us produce more oil than other people thats why we get so many zitz.

this has been done before everyone stopped for a month from masturbating... and guess what the guy who did it didnt notice a thing and some of the other peopple said nothing happend either...so go ahead and stop masturbating ==. we probably just have some gene that makes us produce more oil than other people thats why we get so many zitz.

Because the hormones that change after sex are mostly affecting the brain; the effects don't reach the skin.

I riot is caused because you are implying that the most basic act we are made to do causes acne.

And yeah, it doesn't. You find coincidences and then go nuts.

Bond,

I know what you mean, I get stressed out a lot too after masturbation/sex knowing that a breakout is on it's way.

BenKweller

Hormones do not only reach the brain, they reach EVERY organ in your body before reaching their target, hormones are released in the bloodflow.

Anyway I believe that I know my body more than you or any scientist out there does. and I am 100% sure that my acne gets worse from it. Stressing causes acne, right? it is also a simple and a basic act that we inevitably have to go through.

I am not saying that YOU break out from masturbation, I am speaking about myself and few others, I know as a fact that we do get offended when some stupid ignorant scientist claims that masturbation doesn't affect anyone at all because he does it all the time and can't help himself.

Anyway DO THIS; search every acne message board and you'll see similar threads concerning this topic, it cannot be A TOTAL myth when there are dozens of people out there who are complaining about it.

And before anyone goes telling me that the stress I get after sex/masturbation is the cause, I did not start stressing out until I realized that I was all broken out because of a silly habit that pleased me for few minutes only.

Put yourself in our position, what would you choose; few minutes of self pleasure + spots that last for months + low self esteem + depression or clearer skin and better self esteem and general happiness for looking better?

This is how it is for me, I choose to have a clearer skin than mess up my skin just because 'I was born to do it'.

well, how often do you get nocturnal emissions? once every month? sometimes they don't even occur, I've posted a link of a guy who didn't masturbate for 40 days, he didn't have any emissions.

nocturnal emissions usually occur when all you're thinking of is sex sex and more sex. there are people out there that claim that semen buildup can be absorbed by the body, either way I do not mind having a nocturnal a emission once every few weeks, at least it won't be as bad as when it's daily.

You don't get them because you think of sex sex sex. Your body needs a way to release or it can damage your insides. Ever heard of the fact that masturbation decreases the risk of prostate cancer? You'd rather have that than acne?

Simple, really.

Your body needs to ejaculate, it's a basic function - as has been said, it'll cause more harm if you don't.

If that's by way of nocturnal emissions, then you can't do anything about it - you can't control something like that.

Which means - to all the people who say it makes a difference - that you're going to be stuck with acne, in that case.

Well, Light answered your question BenKweller.

cynic, I understand that your body will need to ejaculate, I personally would rather have a nocturnal emission than masturbate, I feel less guilty about any possible breakouts that may pop afterwards and feel like it was my body's decision. as for being stuck with acne, I doubt that it's going to end up this way, I believe it's something that has to do with puberty and overproduction of androgens, well at least I am hoping so.

It gets even more frusterating when you have a job that requires you to look good and have parents that have no acne and have never gone through acne.

Anyway I've got a question for you Light, Bond and whoever else breaks out from masturbation.

Lately I've noticed if you do it once every week or two; nothing really devastating pops on your face, have you guys noticed anything like this?

I forgot to mention that nocturnal emissions do not contain as much semen as a normal ejaculation and the penis remains 'functional' after the emission. there's a minor difference between the two. smile.gif

A nocturnal emission is an ejaculation of semen experienced by males during sleep. It is also called a "wet dream"; this term is also used figuratively for something very pleasurable.

Nocturnal emissions are most common during late teenage years, and are the result of accumulated semen production. They may or may not be accompanied by erotic dreams. Some males will wake during the ejaculation, while others will sleep through the event. Nocturnal emissions typically do not have as high a volume of semen as do intentional (stimulated) ejaculations.

The frequency of nocturnal emissions is highly variable. Some men have experienced large numbers of nocturnal emissions as teenagers, while some men have never experienced one in their lives. Generally speaking, young men who masturbate very little or not at all have the most nocturnal emissions.

Whereas an ejaculation normally terminates an erection, in the case of noctural emission, the subject often still has a functional erection afterward.

first hi to everyone, I'm new at this forum. I browsed through it and found this topic singularly interesting.

To be brief, my experience is that masturbation causes breakouts. I let the science up to others.

However, if one kept all the diet and recommendations, one will still suffer from acne, though less severe. What we need is a real solution. I'm on Pantethine 3x300mg and then you really can afford to masturbate. Though I prefer not to.

I think, what we people want is to be loved. Not to have sex necessarily. But that's a philosophical question.

Will keep following the forum.

Thank you for your input admiral,

I am glad that more people of the same problem are appearing, this is a good blow for the so called 'myth'.

What exactly is Pantathine and what is it used for? have you had any success with it?

I've tried vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) without much of success, it did make oil production way less, but I just couldn't afford all the money I was spending on it and I was worried about damaging my body with all the acids I was pumping in.

Although vitamin b5 seemed to help against the oils, it still broke me out with huge pimples. I had to stop it after taking it for about a month.

Currently I am using topicals along with the masturbation/sex abstinence, I've managed to control and kick any urge however nocturnal emissions have become more frequent, I get them like once every 2 weeks. I know that abstaining isn't really a solution but it is helping me in keeping my flare ups less frequent...

I'd love to hear a solution for this problem, I also wish scientists would research more into it instead of denying.

So far I've read that DHT inhibitors such Saw palmetto can help our case, however I have not tried it. smile.gif

So noctural emission means you'll never be clear, eh?

Yeah, the only way to solve this is put some kind of string around your penis, so the semen can get out at night.

blink.gif

Well, Light answered your question BenKweller.

cynic, I understand that your body will need to ejaculate, I personally would rather have a nocturnal emission than masturbate, I feel less guilty about any possible breakouts that may pop afterwards and feel like it was my body's decision. as for being stuck with acne, I doubt that it's going to end up this way, I believe it's something that has to do with puberty and overproduction of androgens, well at least I am hoping so.

It gets even more frusterating when you have a job that requires you to look good and have parents that have no acne and have never gone through acne.

Anyway I've got a question for you Light, Bond and whoever else breaks out from masturbation.

Lately I've noticed if you do it once every week or two; nothing really devastating pops on your face, have you guys noticed anything like this?

That's a good idea, I'd love to start a photo diary however I currently am using some topicals along with the abstinence.

I'll give it a try once I get a camera, anyone else up for this?

i would like to say something. in my life there's no sexual activity at all (can't imagine that ???) and guess what .... i have acne breakouts.

so at least for me there is no link between sex and acne. if there would be a link.. damn i would go and cut off my ...

well, frequent masturbation/sex may worsen your acne. But abstinence cannot cure it. It just improves it slightly.

I think trying to abstain puts too much psychoogical strain on a man, and the resultating acne improvement is inadequate.

To talk about my b5/pantethine experience, I will start a new thread in an appropiate section of this forum.