Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JCRG

Question regarding BP concentration

Hello, I've been using 5% BP for 2 weeks or so, because I couldn't find the 2.5%; but a couple of days ago, I found a dermatological Pharmacy (ironically, near my house lol) which does sells 2.5 BP.

So my question is, now that my face is pretty much accustomed to the 5%, will 2.5% concentration provide as useful?

Yep. 2.5% BP is just as effective against acne as the higher concentrations. It's just less drying and irritating.

Can there be problems with the bacteria resisting the lower concentration? Even though i know that it's unlikely, because BP is a Bactericide not an Antibiotic.

BP, even 2.5%, creates an oxygenated environment which acne bacteria can't survive in. Even if you're switching from a higher concentration, the oxygen produced by the 2.5% BP will kill off the acne bacteria.

The only real difference is that the 2.5% BP won't dry your skin out as much as the 5% will. ; )

BP, even 2.5%, creates an oxygenated environment which acne bacteria can't survive in. Even if you're switching from a higher concentration, the oxygen produced by the 2.5% BP will kill off the acne bacteria.

The only real difference is that the 2.5% BP won't dry your skin out as much as the 5% will. ; )

Thanks for the info; btw, gotta love the Nekobasu!