Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cutie1991

How Deep Does Laser Resurfacing Go?

Hello everyone I'm new to the board and I just have a question that I can't seem to get an answer to. I already used the search forum and could not find a thread like this so can anyone tell me how deep laser resurfacing goes? Like in a matter of measurements? I really need to know because I have these really insignificant scars on my cheek that I want to get rid of, and since they're so shallow I thought resurfacing would take care of them, but I don't want to go through with it if it doesn't go deep enough. So can anyone help me?

Hello everyone I'm new to the board and I just have a question that I can't seem to get an answer to. I already used the search forum and could not find a thread like this so can anyone tell me how deep laser resurfacing goes? Like in a matter of measurements? I really need to know because I have these really insignificant scars on my cheek that I want to get rid of, and since they're so shallow I thought resurfacing would take care of them, but I don't want to go through with it if it doesn't go deep enough. So can anyone help me?

Unfortunately, in my experience, it made matters worse. I now have rolling scars, collagen separation(stretch marks on my face), many extra lines, tiny holes all over my face...I could go on and on. The heat from lasers is worse than laying in the sun for everyday of your life. If you do have a laser treatment, don't get sucked into doing more than one for the sake of your skin...believe me. Good luck.

Hi JSM555 thanks for replying. What kind of laser was it? How high was the setting? I don't understand why it works for some people and not so well with others. Should I just try a glycolic or tca peel instead? I also read in one of your other threads that you used IPL. How successful was that? Sorry for 20 questions but I'd like to get as much info as possible. And if you have any pictures of what the laser did to your skin would you mind posting them? Thank you.

Hi JSM555 thanks for replying. What kind of laser was it? How high was the setting? I don't understand why it works for some people and not so well with others. Should I just try a glycolic or tca peel instead? I also read in one of your other threads that you used IPL. How successful was that? Sorry for 20 questions but I'd like to get as much info as possible. And if you have any pictures of what the laser did to your skin would you mind posting them? Thank you.

My IPL in 2008 went fine...I cannot remember the settings, but I don't think they were very high as it took 4 sessions. The 2 Affirm treatments I had last year were at a high setting...sorry, can't remember what they were either. I'll post a pic for you later this week as I haven't taken any yet. I'm going to the place I that I had affirms to see if they'll give me their before pics and send you both. In my opinion...try the peels and diamond microderm. The heat from any laser is far too hot for the healthiest skin and I believe you will regret it. I spoke with my family doctor 2 days ago and he said once the damage is done from those lasers there is not much a person can do...unless you're filthy rich like famous people and can have stem cell injections, etc.

I'll see if the clinic will tell me the settings, but it's highly doubtful they'll even let me have the before pics after they get a look at my face. Best of luck!

My IPL in 2008 went fine...I cannot remember the settings, but I don't think they were very high as it took 4 sessions. The 2 Affirm treatments I had last year were at a high setting...sorry, can't remember what they were either. I'll post a pic for you later this week as I haven't taken any yet. I'm going to the place I that I had affirms to see if they'll give me their before pics and send you both. In my opinion...try the peels and diamond microderm. The heat from any laser is far too hot for the healthiest skin and I believe you will regret it. I spoke with my family doctor 2 days ago and he said once the damage is done from those lasers there is not much a person can do...unless you're filthy rich like famous people and can have stem cell injections, etc.

I'll see if the clinic will tell me the settings, but it's highly doubtful they'll even let me have the before pics after they get a look at my face. Best of luck!

The thing is, I don't know if the reason my skin is so hideous now is strictly because of the affirm or a delayed combination of all procedures. If you are still thinking of having lasers done, just make sure it is with a reputable dermatologist...not at some clinic where they have aestheticians doing it or you definately will regret it..