Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dancer15

Best Mineral make up ladies?

I am clear now, but I still have acne prone skin and am in ultimate acne prevention mode. This includes my make up. I am all about looking natural so I love mineral make up. I have been loyal to bare mineral for a long time but am willing to maybe try something that might be better for a girl with acne prone skin. I googled the top mineral make up lines but there was just so much! So I wanted to hear from you guys who use the products and let me know your favorites and why you like them so much. Feel free to rant. I will read every word. haha

I actually used to love BE, but I hated how it slid by noon. I also started searching around. I wouldn't recommend RAW Minerals as they have a "FREE KIT" but they constantly keep charging your card. Everyday Minerals seems to really have went downhill, most people here complain about them changing their formula that now causes breakouts. Some good companies are Faerie Organic (pure formulas, long staying power, great coverage, offers skincare). Meow Cosmetics also has a good rep from what I have seen here, but I haven't used meow to say for myself. I would suggest trying a brand that offers sample kits that would help with the guess work, just make sure they don't do recurring payments via credit card. I use Faerie Organics and I know they don't do recurring payments, its a one time charge. Beware though they do ship their samples in baggies, but they do last a long time. Good luck!!

Ya i have heard a lot of good things about Meow. But I will definitely look up Faerie Organic.

I switched from Everyday Minerals to Meow and have been quite happy.

I use Silk Naturals. You get a white base and then a colorant,then you mix your own foundation.

It's pretty fun,and it has silk powder in it which is really good for your skin.They also have really good skincare and lip color.

Head trip honey, have you ever had break out problems with meow? And how is the coverage? does it feel heavy or light on your skin?

Head trip honey, have you ever had break out problems with meow? And how is the coverage? does it feel heavy or light on your skin?

No, I have not.

The coverage varies by formula. I have not tried Flawless Feline, which is their heaviest coverage.

I have tried both Pampered Puss (medium coverage) and Purrrfect Puss (light coverage). I enjoyed both. Purrrfect Puss is VERY sheer, and it barely feels like I have anything on, even after a few layers.

Pampered Puss is also light, but gives a little better coverage.

Ok thanks for your advice :), it helps a lot. Have any of you guys heard of Joppa minerals? They have been on a couple top ten lists for mineral makeup. They even have a line for women with acne prone skin that has ingredients in it that can help your acne a little bit. I was debating whether or not I should order some samples. The only problem is they have so many shades I have no idea where to start.

I love the Mi Tree mineral foundation by Sevi Organics. They also have nice mineral blushes and eye shadows (the coffee bean ones are my favourite), and animal friendly cosmetic brushes. :)

JANE IREDALE

best mineral foundation ive tried, BE sucks hardcore, everyday minerals was amazing at first now it breaks me out :( LOVED THAT STUFF! my mom wears jane iredale makeup and its pretty amazing, the finish is flawless and it looks like skin and not a layer of makeup, which is awesome!

it is kinda pricey but honestly you get what you pay for, so thats how i view about stuff i buy for my face!

JANE IREDALE

best mineral foundation ive tried, BE sucks hardcore, everyday minerals was amazing at first now it breaks me out :( LOVED THAT STUFF! my mom wears jane iredale makeup and its pretty amazing, the finish is flawless and it looks like skin and not a layer of makeup, which is awesome!

it is kinda pricey but honestly you get what you pay for, so thats how i view about stuff i buy for my face!

Jane Iredale was on quite a bit of top ten lists too. Do they have a formula for acne prone skin? Or is it just in general better for your skin than other products?

well reviews on Makeupalley.com are kind 50/50

but i seriously have tried almost EVERY foundation that i can get my hands on, havent tried meow or any of those just the more popular brands, but the finish that jane iredale gives me is flawless and i have crazy combo skin and sometimes foundation can look wierd on me sometimes but this stuff looks like your skin just better, you do have to use one of the facial sprays it makes a HUGE difference, even though it seems pointless ( i thought so) till i used the Amazing base in Bisque then a few srays and i look airbrushed!

ha sorry i had to rave a little bit more about this stuff!

so the website states:

"Natural Sunscreen, Paraben Free Mineral Makeup, Phthalate Free Mineral Makeup, Our cosmetics are safe and good for your skin. Good for acne and rosacea"

Its also recommended by the skin cancer foundation ( seems legit)

i mean so many people that i know when i ask them about jane iredale they say its skincare makeup, as in its good for your skin like skincare. (obviously ha)

well i hope that helps, if you have anymore question

just let me know :)

IU'm not meaning to rag on Janes foundations but if you are tryiing to find a foundation that you can be assured won't break you out or be good for acne, you may want to look at other brands. Jane Iredale foundations also has many added ingredients, including dimethicone. I steared clear of this brand on my mineral search due to the dimethicone. Silicones of any kind (dimethicone, silicone, cyclomethicone) are used as a humectant but they actually are likened to putting saran wrap over your face, it creates a seal not allowing the skin to breath, which is why it is a main ingredient in face primers (becasue it doesn't budge). This ingredient always broke me out big time. To be successful with finding the right mineral makeup you really want to look for one with the least amount of ingredients possible. Some brands put added ingredients even "good" ingredients like herbal extracts etc, but there are still people who can break you from these added ingredients. I read a lot of posts about how customers were upset because Afterglow minerals changed their formula to add plant extracts and grapeseed extract, many people were complaining that they were breaking out from that new formula due to the new additions, even though they were herbs and antioxidants. Your best bet would be to try a comany that offers samples, Faerie Organic does, Meow does, I heard of some others that do as well. Jane may not break you out, everyone is different but after reading their ingredients Faerie Organic uses the same ingredients only theirs is way more affordable and without the dimethicone.

I just went online and ordered some free samples. It sucks how it was 6 bucks with shipping but oh well. Once I try the products out for myself I will definitely post here.

I just went online and ordered some free samples. It sucks how it was 6 bucks with shipping but oh well. Once I try the products out for myself I will definitely post here.

I use Faerie Organic's mineral makeup. I really like it, it doesn't look dull, cakey or powdery like some other brands, it has a very natural healthy look. Due to the lack of fillers/ingredients my face handles it really well. I actually feel my skin does better on the days I wear it (blemishes may come to a head by the end of the day).

As for the sample kits $6- It does suck, but I found after spending countless $$ on so many different brands full size products (some of them were like $30 for foundation) any company that offers sample sizes first was a friend of mine-lol.

So I got my samples. So far I really like the product. It last longer than Bare minerals and it is cheaper too which is nice. Before I but the full size I think I want to try out Jobba Minerals. Anyone ever used it?

Jay Iredale is best department and drugstore is Maybelline Mineral Powder Foundation. Both are excellent. These are not itchy and work great on acne prone skin. Especially on this regimen where your skin is dry. The makeup goes on really nice.

However Maybelline doesnt have a hug color selection. I recommend buy one get one free and mix colors.

BARE MINERALS. bestttt make up i have EVER used. covers up any pre-existed red marks, zits, etc. and if you're clear already, it's really good for your skin. i LOVE it

BARE MINERALS. bestttt make up i have EVER used. covers up any pre-existed red marks, zits, etc. and if you're clear already, it's really good for your skin. i LOVE it