Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fraz_2010

I'm not going to waste my life away anymore

Hey guys, this will be my final post on here.

Its been a challenging few years for me with my skin. I've picked it, scrubed it & burnt it with chemcial peels.

I don't know what it is, but I think i'm finally gaining some sense of perspective on the matter.

I'm really young at only 19. I can either waste the next 45 years continuing the way I have and obsessing over how I look, then finally accepting it at 65. Or, I could just accept it now and not waste away the next 45 years.

I'm going out there to do everything and to be everything i've ever wanted to be.

Whatever you guys do with your futures, I wish you all the best.

Take care guys.

Fraser

what happened to moderation. cant we simply live our lives and improve ourselves at the same time.

i dont know about this generation...needing all or nothing...*sigh*

good luck fraz, wish you the best of luck as well, and you should enjoy your life and live it to the fullest with or without scars,seeking treatments or going through it.

i mean, i do both. i live my life, continue graduate school, travel, and do needling/tca peels once a month. i definitely didnt have that mentality in the beginning of my scars; i was too depressed and devestated to accept it in the beginning. But after half a year of secluding myself from life itself, i realized that its not worth it to just stop living because of scars. you dont want to be 65 years old and look back at your life realizing that you didnt live your life to the fullest and did the things you wanted to do because you had some acne scars. No ones perfect. If acne scar bugs you, just live your life, do things you want to do and set aside a goal to try your best to improve your skin-thats the best you can do. (this message goes out to everyone, including myself)

sometimes i'm a bit more down rather than content in life; I just have to remind myself that you (we) live life once, dont let any troubles/flaws/negative outcomes ruin your entire life. going through difficulties is part of life; how you percieve it and deal with it is up to yourself.

live, love, and laugh.

good luck fraz, wish you the best of luck as well, and you should enjoy your life and live it to the fullest with or without scars,seeking treatments or going through it.

i mean, i do both. i live my life, continue graduate school, travel, and do needling/tca peels once a month. i definitely didnt have that mentality in the beginning of my scars; i was too depressed and devestated to accept it in the beginning. But after half a year of secluding myself from life itself, i realized that its not worth it to just stop living because of scars. you dont want to be 65 years old and look back at your life realizing that you didnt live your life to the fullest and did the things you wanted to do because you had some acne scars. No ones perfect. If acne scar bugs you, just live your life, do things you want to do and set aside a goal to try your best to improve your skin-thats the best you can do. (this message goes out to everyone, including myself)

sometimes i'm a bit more down rather than content in life; I just have to remind myself that you (we) live life once, dont let any troubles/flaws/negative outcomes ruin your entire life. going through difficulties is part of life; how you percieve it and deal with it is up to yourself.

live, love, and laugh.

oh chee, i wish i was at ur stage. i agree with everything you are saying and it is pretty true. actually being able to put it in action, seems to be really hard. i really dont want to get out and meet people at the moment. im way too insecure about myself and hoping ill be a bit better after my tca cross/fraxel repair treatments. in the meantime, im going to go and spend more time with my family, focus on my career and study for my masters. im only 23, so i still have my whole life ahead of me, i dunno its just a bit too much to handle atm to do anything more. -as much as id love to get out there and just have fun !

Its been a challenging few years for me with my skin. I've picked it, scrubed it & burnt it with chemcial peels.

I don't know what it is, but I think i'm finally gaining some sense of perspective on the matter.

I'm really young at only 19. I can either waste the next 45 years continuing the way I have and obsessing over how I look, then finally accepting it at 65. Or, I could just accept it now and not waste away the next 45 years.

I'm going out there to do everything and to be everything i've ever wanted to be.

Take care guys.

Fraser

I think this is great. Take it from me at 30 who will probably never marry and have children because of this. I just can't accept it only because I can't stop breaking out and the scarring is getting so much worse. I really feel like killing myself.

ylem, I married 3 times and have 3 children. My first and 3rd wife(the same girl) is a total knockout. We were at a concert a few months back and this girl we didn't know just told her that she was absolutely beautiful. My 2nd wife was no dog either, and I have been with several other pretty girls. I have always been less satisfied with myself than other people have been with me, and I would judge my scarring as severe before Re:pair. Keep up the fight because what good does it do to quit on yourself. This is the only life you are going to get - scars or no scars.

Awesome. That's the spirit! :clap:

Edited by Lapis lazuli

That is fantastic to hear my friend. I honestly wish I could just move on with my life (I feel as though I am close to that point) I just always seem to have a setback when everything is getting good. There is nothing wrong with getting treatments for your scars aslong as it does not consume your life, and that is exactly what I am striving for, for acne and scarring to play a secondary role in my life as opposed to the primary and debilitating role it plays now...

Fraz I am almost at that point... I may just do small adjustments like chemical peels etc...maybe microdermabrasion...creams lotions...etc.

I'm also 19 and I dont understand why this is a all or nothing situation for you. I saw Dr.Chu today for a consultation and he said I have rolling/boxcar so had to have dermaroller/tca cross, but then he offered to do it there and then which is pretty sweet. Now I'll have a week of 5-7 days of sitting around, and then I'll continue with my life as normal until my next treatment in 3 months. Then in a year or whatever you'll still be in the exact situation just scar free. What you're doing makes no sense to me lol :think:

I'm also 19 and I dont understand why this is a all or nothing situation for you. I saw Dr.Chu today for a consultation and he said I have rolling/boxcar so had to have dermaroller/tca cross, but then he offered to do it there and then which is pretty sweet. Now I'll have a week of 5-7 days of sitting around, and then I'll continue with my life as normal until my next treatment in 3 months. Then in a year or whatever you'll still be in the exact situation just scar free. What you're doing makes no sense to me lol :think:

No. No.

Sure the "downtime" is 5 days, but your skin should stay red loong after TCA cross.

You will not remove your scars.

No. No.

Sure the "downtime" is 5 days, but your skin should stay red loong after TCA cross.

You will not remove your scars.

Gosh, what an inspiring post, I mean that's what we need here on the scar forum - someone who occationally tells us, that nothing helps! Doing great bro, keep it up! you're being very helpfull, thank you very much :clap:

Seriously dude, I never meant to be offensive or so, but it's just that your attitude... I mean it's so weird. Do you even care of treating your scars... seems not. how come then telling someone that what he and his doc have planned out won't work? interesting......

Edited by Benni B.

You might not see it that way but I am helping. I am just being realistic. Something that this forum lacks now and then.

TCA Cross is an effective treatment for icepicks scars, not sure about rolling or boxcar. However, if you apply TCA (75%+) to a rolling or boxcar scar, you can't expect your skin to look the same after 5 days. It's going to be red.

And expecting to be scar free is like living in a dream world. Don't aim to have perfect skin, aim to improve your scars to a point where you can live with it, because that's probably as far as we'll get.

You might not see it that way but I am helping. I am just being realistic. Something that this forum lacks now and then.

TCA Cross is an effective treatment for icepicks scars, not sure about rolling or boxcar. However, if you apply TCA (75%+) to a rolling or boxcar scar, you can't expect your skin to look the same after 5 days. It's going to be red.

And expecting to be scar free is like living in a dream world. Don't aim to have perfect skin, aim to improve your scars to a point where you can live with it, because that's probably as far as we'll get.

I'm not living in magical land of Narnia, be sure of that dude. I do realize, that I'll never have a skin I had before, so I'm pretty realistic, like most of the people I talk toon this forum. But there is a certain line, which differs realism and pessimism. You simply told that dude, I quote "you wont remove your scars". That's not somebody on this forum would like to hear, seriously...

I'm not living in magical land of Narnia, be sure of that dude. I do realize, that I'll never have a skin I had before, so I'm pretty realistic, like most of the people I talk toon this forum. But there is a certain line, which differs realism and pessimism. You simply told that dude, I quote "you wont remove your scars". That's not somebody on this forum would like to hear, seriously...

Maybe. But the next time he visit a "doctor" who promises him clear skin after a few treatments of whatever he'll think about that post.

Maybe. But the next time he visit a "doctor" who promises him clear skin after a few treatments of whatever he'll think about that post.

Fine, they'll be better than if I just sit around here moaning on a forum doing nothing. And I've no idea why he'd lie to me this didn't cost me a penny.

Fine, they'll be better than if I just sit around here moaning on a forum doing nothing. And I've no idea why he'd lie to me this didn't cost me a penny.

Honestly I would avoid any doctor who tells me I'll have scar free skin after some treatments.

i agree with benni...i truly believe its comments like zikos which unnecessarilly scare people and it adds a negative tone to the boards. havent you ever wondered why people run away as soon as they are happy with their skin? i remember past users saying if everyone was just a bit more positive, people who stay longer to give advice.

scars can definitely be improved!

mr. sunshine is right-scars can be improved.

mr. matt is the best example. his improvement is 70%+ and his results are still there (its been a year or so).

Take care guys.

Fraser

Good reflection.