Notifications
Clear all

Eucerin not working

MemberMember
(@cherries)

Posted : 08/09/2010 7:57 pm

Okay so I'm having alot of problems with the Eucerin, the 5% urea makes my skin feel so thick and chalky with small amounts (its only okay for nighttime), and the anti redness night version, I found out has alot of pore clogging ingredents and it's making me break out and very irritated!

I really need an alternitive for oily skin, even using bp my skins not dry at all. I've been looking into these http://www.bravuralondon.com/moisturise/problem-acne.html

which do you think ingredents wise would work out okay?

MemberMember
(@del-xx)

Posted : 08/10/2010 2:51 am

Hey, the Eucerin 5% urea is not designed for acnr prone skin. I emailed them and they said it is not non-comedogenic and it may clog pores so be careful.

I have been using simple light hydrating moisturiser. Get it cheap from boots or tesco. Cetaphil is also a good one available online from amazon. However it is quite greasy so I only use it in the night.

Hope this helps!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/10/2010 6:59 am

I've been using the Eucerin Aquaporin Light version, I personally love it, in small amounts it is fine for me to use during the day doesn't leave me greasy, and at night if I'm not using the AHA I mix it with Jojoba oil

MemberMember
(@cherries)

Posted : 08/10/2010 2:18 pm

Thanks for the input guys! thats good to know about the 5% urea I use it on a night but its way way to thick for the day time, i think im going to start using acne.orgs moistrzer again on a night that gave me no problems but its way to heavey for the day.

I'm really sort of looking for a daytimeish moitrizer, I do use Eucerin anti redness day which works out okay but some days it can look really really green and needs to be mxed with something else.

I was fooled by boots, when I bought the Eucerin night cream online, they have the WRONG ingredents listed, they list the day cream ingredents and when I started using it and having reactions I looked up the real ingredents and found half of them to be what Dan tells us to avoid! so i'm not happy with boots lol!

I just want something really matifying for the daytime but it's really hard to find lol i'll check out the Eucerin Aquaporin Light version! but is there anything okay on the link i suggested, as thats abit cheaper then Eucerin lol :) xxxxxxxx

EDIT: just looked up the Eucerin Aquaporin Light, and it has the same thing thats in the night cream that makes my skin go insanely red :( 🙁 'myristyl myristate' has high comsegenic rating and irritant. :( doesn't irrtate everyone though

the day cream of the antiredness doesn't have this, im totally baffled as to why the nightcream does, i've had such a bad reaction to it my skins still sore now, yet the day cream is fine just a tad too green, i bought the night cream because its yellow based to mix in with the green for day time use but its just awful, i don't know what else to try :(

i've seen some good reviews of that site i posted but im really unsure about the ingredents, id love to use the cetaphil lotion as thats easy to get but im pretty sure it's going to be heavy as i need oil control.

thanks everyone x

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/12/2010 12:43 pm

... sounds like a mine field Cherries, hopefully you will find something that works for you

MemberMember
(@richii)

Posted : 08/27/2010 11:03 am

I recently bought Eucerin Replenishing Face Cream with 5% urea, the Aquaporin moisturiser (Rich) and Anti-Redness Neutralising Day Fluid.

I found that the 5% urea broke me out straight away, but moisturised perfectly.

The anti-redness made my face look green, and did not moisturize/absorb well at all over dan's BP.

I found that the aquaporin (rich) cream was the best out of the few, it may giving me a few spots but not sure if thats the moisturisers fault. Maybe this or the light version would work for you or others :)

MemberMember
(@jfrancolin)

Posted : 11/27/2013 4:34 am

Yep! The rich version of the Aquaporin has no Myristyl myristate and it works well for me! very non-oily for a day wear (my skin is also very oily, I wake up all shinny even though i sleep only with BP)