Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yvieve

Do You think I Should Remove The Salicylic Acid From My Regimen?

So I'm experienced lots of wrinkling of the product and flaking, but it is improving my face SO much! I just recently purchased Dan's BP so I'm PRAYING it will arrive very very quickly, because I'm hoping it will be my savior from the white flaking of the product.

But I'm wondering if perhaps this combination may relate to my use of BP with a salicylic acid based cleanser from the Neutrogena Complete Acne Therapy System.

From experience, when I used SA, it did a little bit but then stopped working for me.

But my skin is looking fantastic, other than the very extreme dryness. I noticed when I slacked on BP, my face got worse. Now that I bumped it up, it is better.

I'm scared that if I stop the SA that it will get worse, but I have two products at hand that contain very natural and gentle ingredients, one sharing MANY with Dan's cleanser and no added crapola.

So should I try these instead? I know they are not the recommended, but I cannot afford to buy new things and I'm thinking that the BP is what is working for my skin, not the SA.

I'm scared to try it, though, but I want this TOO-DRY dryness GONE!

I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture (Fantastic for me.) With Jojoba oil in it.

What do you think?

Any cleanser with an active ingredient won't be very effective, especially compared with a leave-on formulation. Think about it: the salicylic acid in that cleanser is only on your skin for a very short time before it gets rinsed off. All it's doing is drying your skin out without helping your acne. I say ditch the medicated cleanser and switch to the gentlest cleanser you can get, preferably an unscented liquid, no scrubby bits, no SA, no BP, etc.