Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AnabolicSlim

Finished Accutane, can I use a salicylic acid product now?

So i finished my Accutane about 4 days ago, 80mg a day for 5 months. Face is prefect, minor scarring, but nothing major, my face has never looked better! My chest on the other hand....It has gotten better no more cysts or pustules, but I still get red bumps. Its mainly right between my pectorials. So since i have been off Tane for 4 days, I was wondering if I can use a salicylic acid product now? It's Oxy Exfoliating Body Scrub with 1% SA. Soooo, is it safe to use this product or should I wait longer or can i start using it today?

Honestly, unless you have the advice of a doctor, I wouldn't use any product until 6 months after your course just to be on the safe side. I would call your doc though and ask to be sure, they would know whay better than me. :)

I'm about a month and a half in and I'm getting a rash on my chest...I think it's a rash. Is that normal?

Unless I'm mistaken, there's nothing wrong with using mild topicals after Accutane, its harsh procedures like chemical peels, waxing, and microdermabrasion that need to be avoided.

Regardless, a face wash with salicylic acid will be useless. Wrong pH, and the stuff just goes down the drain.

Try Neutrogena Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment (should be at Walmart and other supermarkets/drugstores) or Paula's Choice 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid products (only available online).

Ahh, sorry I read that but apparently totally forgot when I was writing my reply :wacko:

Still, if you want the exfoliating/acne fighting benefits of salicylic acid, you can't use it in a cleanser/scrub/anything that's washed off. The SA just doesn't have enough time to absorb... and on top of that, the pH is too high for it to act as an exfoliant.