Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey guys so i got fish oil last week and ive been taking it twice a day. it says on the jar its 1,000mg. i think for one pill..not sure.

but ive also looked into buying Vitamin D3, Zinc, and vitamin B5. Does this sound like too much???

i really just want to take vitamins to improve the health of my skin and use them as anti-inflammatories. etc. i don't think the vitamins alone would clear my skin but i think they might improve the structure of my skin.

im just afraid taking 4 is too many though. is it?

and do u get an IB when u take vitamins? cuz if so.. i rather not take them, cuz im already on sprionolactone, bc, and differin. i just wanted to take vitamins as an extra boost for the qualtiy of my skin.

advice would be great! thanks.

4 is not too many! They are all vitamins that are good for you anyways. Vitamin D allegedly in some studies is beneficial for acne. Zinc is proven to be great for acne along with fish oil. Vitamin B5 is iffy because you have to take extremely high doses for it to be beneficial. Maybe a vitamin b supplements instead that encompasses all of them?

And no, there is no IB.

oh good! i was a little scared cuz im very new with vitamins. and thank god there is no IB. and what do u mean by a vitamin b that encompasses all of them? should i try a different vitamin B? instead b5?

do u take any of these? and would u recommend any others?

Everyday I take 3 fish oil, one vitamin d (2000 IU), vitamin a (10,000 IU) about twice a week, probiotic (Pearls brand or something), resveratrol, fenugreek, and occasionally a vitamin b supplement.

I wasn't talking about another specific b vitamin, I meant one that encompasses them all. If you go to the store around all the individual b vitamins there is one probably called "Vitamin B Complex" or something and it has most of them.

This isn't really a supplement but I buy a product called "Sambazon Acai powder" and I like it a lot. It tastes really chalky but it has a ton of omega 9 (works similarly to omega 3) which is underrated. Along with the omega 9 comes a ton of antioxidants so that's a bonus!

If you're interested:

http://www.amazon.com/SAMBAZON-Organic-Fre...7596&sr=8-2

You can also buy it at Whole Foods but it is a major rip off there (around $30).

Hope I helped ;)

Edited by Warrior of Acne

thank u so much! uve been so helpful! i think ill look into vitamin b complex. i considered vitamin A but im weary cuz i was on accutane which was loaded with vitamin A and i don't want to strain my liver any more.

that powder drink looks great! wegmans might have it..

ohh wegmans has it! im going to pick up the drink. it says u add it to ur own juice? weird

I don't even add it to juice because then it ruins the flavor of the juice. The acai powder is really bad tasting, I'm telling you now! I just chug it in about 5 ounces of water and it is a lot easier to just get it over with haha.

oh okay ill just add it to water. i can down it.

im also going to skip the vitamin b and take a multivitamin

thanks for all the input

k so i bought the powder mix, one a day teen advantage multivitamins, zinc, and D3. and the drink doesn't taste too bad!! im hoping these will improve the health of my skin :)

k so i bought the powder mix, one a day teen advantage multivitamins, zinc, and D3. and the drink doesn't taste too bad!! im hoping these will improve the health of my skin :)

Good luck on your endeavors! ;) Just think about clear skin while downing the drink haha! I mean, it is not that bad, but I gotta warn people before they go out and buy it :lol: .