Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
X3Kell3X

I Need Liquid Foundation Recommendations (for combo skin)

hey guys. so i currently use YSL Matt Touch Primer (which is very nice) and Makeup Forever Duo Matt (pressed powder) i usually have oily skin but spiro/differin are making my cheeks very dry so now its more combination than oily. so im finding that my powder doesn't work as well. it flakes off especially on my cheeks. it feels like chalky and that its gunna rub off. it also washes me out, making me look pale and ashy.

so ive never used a liquid. but i have a feeling it would absorb better into my skin and give me a more hydrated healthy look.

what im looking for in a liquid foundation:

-has a good variety of shades (im pretty fair, but not ghostly)

-oil free

-matte natural finish not dewy

-something that looks natural not cakey or cast like

-evens skintone and covers redness

-keeps away shine in forehead/chin but doesn't dry out cheeks

-easy to use (idk how to use liquid)

- i need like light-medium buildable coverage (i need it heavier on my cheeks cuz they get red)

so please help me out. and tell me how u apply it. i know lots of girls use a powder to set their foundation so i might just use the powder i have to set it. but also give me a good recommendation of a setting powder (preferablly a transparent one)

okay so for eyeliner i use: lancome le stylo waterproof in cafe. but i find that when i put it on my upper eye lid it melts to the bottom one. not good. so if u could recommend an eyeliner that comes in a dark brown, cafe color, and is preferably retractable (not a pencil) thatd be great.but i don't mind too much if its a pencil. i want a liner that is really smooth, natural, and will stay put.

thankss

I use revlon colorstay. It's long lasting and high coverage. It comes in two varieties for oily combo and for dry skin. If a matte finish is very important to you you might consider a powder over, becasue I've never really tried a completely matte liquid foundation.

thanks for the replies! ill look into both

@HildeM: is revlon colorstay natural looking? and does it cover redness well?

I think it looks natural. It covers many of my red spots and then I go in with concealer on the worst ones that are bigger redder or slightly raised.

thanks for the replies! ill look into both

@HildeM: is revlon colorstay natural looking? and does it cover redness well?

i use maybelline new york's pure cover mineral, because it deosnt block pores and has micro-minerals that help the skin :) i hope for the best for you! :)

also try water proof eyeliner and dab some vaseline on the lower bit of ur eye! best wishes

Edited by helpme!101

thanks for the replies!!

@HildeM: i think im going to pick up the revlon colorstay for combo/oily skin. i read reviews on MUA and it looks good! plus its cheaper than all the other foundations ive used.