Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GS3

Hair covering forehead

So something that I've always heard is that you should keep your hair out of your face, because the oil in it may cause breakouts. But my hair covers my forehead which is the only part of my face where I have absolutely no acne at all. Also I never use my cleanser on that area, the only time my forehead gets wet is in the shower, once a day!? :confused:

Maybe because my forehead is covered I never touch it? But the only time I ever touch other parts of my face is when I'm cleansing, I try to be gentle as well. I wash my hair daily, which might help?! I'm really not sure. But anyway, I'm getting my hair cut short, my hair will no longer be covering my forehead, so do start using my cleanser on that area, or just leave it and carry on as before? :dontgetit: ...Thanks

So something that I've always heard is that you should keep your hair out of your face, because the oil in it may cause breakouts. But my hair covers my forehead which is the only part of my face where I have absolutely no acne at all. Also I never use my cleanser on that area, the only time my forehead gets wet is in the shower, once a day!? :confused:

Maybe because my forehead is covered I never touch it? But the only time I ever touch other parts of my face is when I'm cleansing, I try to be gentle as well. I wash my hair daily, which might help?! I'm really not sure. But anyway, I'm getting my hair cut short, my hair will no longer be covering my forehead, so do start using my cleanser on that area, or just leave it and carry on as before? :dontgetit: ...Thanks

I've never had an issue with my hair touching my face causing breakouts before. My hair is always touching my face - forehead and sides of my face. My fringes/bangs are always touching my forehead, which is also the oiliest part of my face, but strangely enough, absolutely no breakouts except for one or two every couple of weeks that go away within a few days on their own. So I would suggest just keep with what you are doing.

Same here! Lol, when I got bangs, I didn't break out crazy like some other people I know.

I mainly washed my cheeks, too.

I know people who ONLY have acne underneath their bangs, on their forehead.

But yeah. I don't have bangs anymore, I pin them up or braid them so my forehead shows.

I'm not used to bangs anymore, and now my forehead is way darker than the rest of my face, LOL.

I've never had an issue with my hair touching my face causing breakouts before. My hair is always touching my face - forehead and sides of my face. My fringes/bangs are always touching my forehead, which is also the oiliest part of my face, but strangely enough, absolutely no breakouts except for one or two every couple of weeks that go away within a few days on their own. So I would suggest just keep with what you are doing.

Yeah it's really weird, thanks for the reply. We shall see after I've had it cut in the morning. But I'm still concerned about all the "Prevention is better than the cure" stuff :eh:

Same here! Lol, when I got bangs, I didn't break out crazy like some other people I know.

I mainly washed my cheeks, too.

I know people who ONLY have acne underneath their bangs, on their forehead.

But yeah. I don't have bangs anymore, I pin them up or braid them so my forehead shows.

I'm not used to bangs anymore, and now my forehead is way darker than the rest of my face, LOL.

Ahhhhh it's so confusing, I don't get why some people do and some dont :xxx: Thanks for the reply, do you wash your forehead as much as other parts of your face now?

Not even a week after I chopped my hair off, I noticed I started to get breakouts on my forehead, and I chalked it up to my bangs falling on my forehead...

Not sure if they correlate or if I just had a case of forehead acne, (much like everywhere else on my face) but I never had a single bump on my forehead until that moment.

Best of luck!

Oh god, that sucks! I have nothing on the first day, let's just see how things go O_O

Oh god, that sucks! I have nothing on the first day, let's just see how things go O_O

Granted I know many girls who rock the bangs with flawless faces!! I think it varies, really. but that indeed was just my experience. I think bangs are worth it, though!

Meh, it's not really going to be appropriate for college, I'm doing a sports course :shifty:

Yeah it's really weird, thanks for the reply. We shall see after I've had it cut in the morning. But I'm still concerned about all the "Prevention is better than the cure" stuff :eh:

Not really. When I use a sugar scrub, once a week, I mainly focus on my cheeks. I spend more time on my cheeks than on my forehead. Like I said before, I mainly focus on my cheeks because that's like 90% of my face (to me anyway), and that's where I feel people look at the most. It's also where I get the most acne. So, yeah. Forehead doesn't bother me, but I still apply BP to it. (: Prevent prevent!

Yeah, good idea. I'll mainly focus on the cheeks but still a little on the forehead, thanks :genius: