Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MAXJE

Isosupra lidose

Hi everyone! I have to say sorry about my English because I'm from Belgium and I'm not very good in it :think: i've been suffering from acne since i was 13-14 years old. Now i'm almost 19. Three years ago it became so bad that i went to a dermatologist, He gave me Acneryne and Differin gel. That worked for a while (about a year). Then it became really bad so I went back to the dermatologist, he gave me Epiduo in combination with Tetralysal(antibiotic). I have to admit: it worked, but when i stopped the antibiotics, my acne came back :confused:

13 days ago, I went to another dermatologist (because I had to wait till october for an appointment with my usual dermatologist :surprised: ) . He gave me Isosupra Lidose (16mg). I have to take 1 pill a day. Now i've been on the medicine for 13 days.

My lips are dry, but not so bad. And my face isn't dry :dance:

Only sometimes I have dry eyes.. So I'm quite happy about the side effects.

I did have an initial breakout on my 5th day, but now it's healing!

There isn't very much information on the internet about this medicine.. Anyone who used this medicine? It's a retinoid, so it's like roaccutane? So that means that i have to take 120mg/kg also?

Share your experiences with Isosupra Lidose!

If you have any questions to me, just ask!

And sorry about my English!

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

Day 14: my skin is getting dryer :( lips the same, but i had a few new whiteheads on my cheeks this morning.. I guess the medicine is doing his work! Also on my forehead (where i didn't have any pimple the last year) i have 4 pimples :think:

Day 16: skin is getting dry, but not that bad! Lips are getting dryer..

I'm also more tired and need more sleep since i got on this..

My pimples are healing fast, but also new breakouts almost every day :(

I have a new appointment with my dermatologist the 16th september, and i hope he will give me 32 mg a day. or i would have to take this for more than one year with this dose to get the 120 mg/kg ( i weigh 65 kg)

grtzzz

Edited by MAXJE

Best of luck with your course!!

And dont worry, you write in English very well :)

Thankyouu :)

I'm getting a little bit help from my brother ^^

Day 18: The skin around my mouth is getting very dry. Also my lips are very dry. Only 3 new pimples on my cheeks the past 2 days, so i'm happy about that! I hope the initial breakout is allmost over :) I'm using Labello for my lips, and Avene hydrating creme for my skin. I wash my face in the morning and in the evening with the green pump(?) from Vichy Normaderm.

The only side effect that I hate, is that I'm very tired all day long!

Day 21: Not really much to report.. Dry skin and lips. And 1 or 2 new pimples a day, so i'm happy about that because they heal very fast(2-3 days) because my skin is dry.

Day 27: Getting dry skin everywhere on my head, but i don't mind because the hydrating creme from Avene is working really good against that! Lips are getting dryer, but with some Vaseline I can control that. But when the sun shines, damn it feels so intense, i hate it! I'm still getting 1 or 2 new pimples every day, but that's OK because they're healing very fast (max. 5 days and they're gone), but the negative side is that they leave red marks on my face and they don't heal but that's normal because my skin is very thin. I cant' believe that I'm almost 1 month on this, time is going very fast, especially when you don't think about your acne and pretend like you have a smooth skin (which isn't like that ;) ). If anyone is using or have used Isosupra Lidose, you can share your experience here, because I'm feeling like I'm the only person using this ^^

Edited by MAXJE

Day 39: My skin is very calm now, still pimples and red marks. But when i touch my skin, it's even. Having red marks from my first outbreak and from before Isosupra.. But I believe that they will be gone soon (1-2 months i hope). My forehead has cleared up, so no pimple there! Especially pimples on my cheeks(3 on the right side and 5 on the left side, which is always my worse side^^) and just red marks. Also having a wound because i had to shave very quick, but i made a mistake. And the wound doesn't heal at all :( having dry skin around my mouth and nose. And VERY dry lips!

So basicly nothing really important to report, everything stays the same. Appointment with my derm 15 september, I'm hoping that I can start 32 mg a day!

:wavey:

Edited by MAXJE

hi iam a person who suffered from acne lv 5

severe acne .acne like so many ppl say its a curse i went to 5 doctors and no one helped me but the last one i wanted roacutane but he discribed isosupta 16mg iam on day 3 i dont feel any dryness maybe a little in my lips i wonder if this works iam 16 need ur help i always eat fries which i know is bad can u help through these stages thanks alot for help

sorry for my bad english iam from the middle east

Hey mody!

I think that roaccutane and isosupra lidose is quite the same, only isosupra is less powerfell I guess.

What is your dosage a day? 16 mg? That would be the same as me, so you don't have to worry about it! On day 3, i didn't have side effects yet so I don't know. But don't give up, and use your Labello stick or Vaseline for your lips preventive! But don't worry m8, everything will be OK when you stick on with the medicine. Good luck!

Do you have any other questions?

hi iam a person who suffered from acne lv 5

severe acne .acne like so many ppl say its a curse i went to 5 doctors and no one helped me but the last one i wanted roacutane but he discribed isosupta 16mg iam on day 3 i dont feel any dryness maybe a little in my lips i wonder if this works iam 16 need ur help i always eat fries which i know is bad can u help through these stages thanks alot for help

sorry for my bad english iam from the middle east

Hey mody!

I think that roaccutane and isosupra lidose is quite the same, only isosupra is less powerfell I guess.

What is your dosage a day? 16 mg? That would be the same as me, so you don't have to worry about it! On day 3, i didn't have side effects yet so I don't know. But don't give up, and use your Labello stick or Vaseline for your lips preventive! But don't worry m8, everything will be OK when you stick on with the medicine. Good luck!

Do you have any other questions?

Hey!

I took Roaccutane like 2 years ago, for 7 months. And it worked perfectly, everything was gone.

The doctor prescribed it to me for 9 months, but my cholesterol level went up to 280, so I had to stop it. It still helped though, but I didnt take it fully.

So now after a year or more. The pimples started coming back slowly, and then all of a sudden, this summer, everything just popped up and my skin became oily again, and acne increased like crazy.

So I went back to him, and he told me to start on Isosupra. He says its very similar to Roaccutane but its less harmful, to the liver and cholesterol. \

And now I'm on my 5th day, and my lips are really dry and pimples are appearing.

But I was just wondering, why can't we tan? The sun gives vitamin D not A, like the medicine.

Anyone know?

Sorry I bore you with my life story, Im just bored =p.

And did it help you? Isosupra?

Hey!

I took Roaccutane like 2 years ago, for 7 months. And it worked perfectly, everything was gone.

The doctor prescribed it to me for 9 months, but my cholesterol level went up to 280, so I had to stop it. It still helped though, but I didnt take it fully.

So now after a year or more. The pimples started coming back slowly, and then all of a sudden, this summer, everything just popped up and my skin became oily again, and acne increased like crazy.

So I went back to him, and he told me to start on Isosupra. He says its very similar to Roaccutane but its less harmful, to the liver and cholesterol. \

And now I'm on my 5th day, and my lips are really dry and pimples are appearing.

But I was just wondering, why can't we tan? The sun gives vitamin D not A, like the medicine.

Anyone know?

Sorry I bore you with my life story, Im just bored =p.

And did it help you? Isosupra?

Hi!

Yess I guess that it's less harmfull because my derm said I didn't need blood tests. I also got very dry lips, but with a stick (Labello) or some Vaseline on your lips you can control that!

About the sun, I think we can't tan because your skin is very thin when you take Isotretinoine, so it burns very quickly.

You don't bore me at all :D

Isosupra is helping me very well, just some dry skin but a LOT less pimples then when I started Isosupra. So I'm very happy about this medicine ;)

Day 52: I saw my derm this morning, and he was happy about the results so far. I have to take 24mg/day now. Just having some dry skin and dry lips, but not bad at all! Pimples are a lot better.

Day 67: No big changes since my last post.. It even became a little worse, because i was on a weekend two weeks ago, with a lot of beer and practicly no hygiene. It was the first time that i drank since I was on Isopsupra, but I think it won't happen again! So since that weekend, I had a few new big pimples on my cheeks, but now those pimples are very dry and are almost gone! but still I don't feel 100 % about my acne, I'm not very confident. I would be without acne, I know that for sure! So I'm hoping that on day 90 or something, my skin will be very beautifull, so fingers crossed! :banana:

Hi everybody!

I'm 23 years old, and I've had acné since I was 12. My acné cleared out a little the last few years, since I was on the pill, but since I've stopped using the pill, it has become really bad again. I decided that I've had just about enough of acné, so my dermatologist started me on Isosupra Lidose. I've now been taking it for three days. I had a bit of difficulties of finding useful information about this, so I decided to share my symptoms, like Maxje. I'm also from Belgium, by the way :) The difficulty in my case, is that I'm getting married in 6 months, so I would like to have a clear skin by then. After we get married, we would like to have kids. We're bein extremely careful right now, because you absolutely can't get pregnant on Isosupra. Since there is not a lot of information about this subject, maybe I can inspire some other future-mommies. ;) With Roaccutane you can't get pregnant for about 2 years after the treatment, I've heard. Fortunately, Isosupra is way less invasive, so you can let nature go it's course about 5 weeks after stopping the treatment. Just to be sure, I'm going to wait a little while longer I think :) If I would have known about this drug before, I would have started it years ago.. I'm very curious of what my first side-effects will be :) I'm also wondering how it ended with you, Maxje?

Greetz!

Hi!

I'm on my 14th day and I'm doing good! My body is starting to feel that I'm taking the medication, but nothing extreme... Unfortunately, my acné hasn't changed yet, but I know that I just have to be patient. However, I can tell that my skin is very dry and sensitive. Even when my boyfriend just touches my cheeks, it hurts terribly. I have to put lipbalm on several times a day, but my lips don't hurt so it doesn't really bother me. My hair is also very dry, but I actually rather like that. I normally have very oily hair, I have to wash it every day. Now, I can skip a day without looking all greasy. My hairdresser just adjusted my hair products to a special formula for damaged hair, and now it's perfect! I have another strange side-effect, but I don't know if it's connected to the medication or if I'm just going crazy :) I have the feeling that I smell differently, like my body odor has changed. Especially when I sweat, it smells really sweet, not like the sharper smell that it normally has.. I think I'll ask my dermatologist about that next week. Other symptoms I heard about, like depressed feelings or exhaustion, aren't bothering me so far, I'm still happy and energetic! :) So far so good I think!

Greets,

Kelly