Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lucyleigh

BP once or twice a day?

Hey there, today is my two week mark of being on the regimen. I've had up's and down on it so far. But my question is, at this point should I be using the BP twice a day? As of right now I only do my full routine at night. And in the morning all I do is a quick rinse with my cleanser. The reason I have not used bp twice a day is because I have such sensitive skin. But so far I have not got any of the dry flakey skin everyone reports. Thanks for any responses! :]

Try doing twice a day now IF you think you're skin can handle it. The key with the regimen is to work slowly, building up your BP amount as you go.

So if you feel you're ready to start using the BP twice a day, go for it. If you get too much irritation or dryness/peeling/redness, then go back down to once a day, or cut how ever much BP you're using in half.

4 times a day.

Gogogogogo.

Seriously? Don't listen to him. Like the first poster said, only if you think you can handle it. Since you have no flakey or dry skin you could dry a half pump in the morning or less and see how that works.

taken from the very first page on the "Start Here" of the Regimen:

http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

Important: For best results, the Regimen should be performed twice a day, preferably 10-12 hours apart. Follow the steps below precisely as outlined. I cannot make this point strongly enough. Print out the checklist now and take it into the bathroom with you until you have it down pat.

Thanks for the responses everyone! I'm on day 16 and today is the first day I added BP and moisturizer to my morning routine. But I started off with a pea size of bp and will work my way up to a full finger. At night I am now using 2/3 a finger and next week will be using the full fingers worth.