Posted : 08/09/2010 10:19 am

Complete Holistic Cure

The Holistic approach

Treatment - Emotions - Internal Cause

In summary:

1. Simple cleansing of skin

2. Dealing with emotions in a simple way

3. Diet; eating healthy foods: Fresh fruit, vegetables, seafood, meats, etc

What Iam going to show you is not only the best way of treating your skin, itas the healthiest and pretty simple. Its 3 steps, its natural and normal, no strange tablets or treatments are needed, and can give you clear skin as well as improve your health and well-being.

I really sympathize with people I meet and see in real life with spots and wish I could tell them how to treat it, so I want to offer it here because it worked very well for me after 10 years of trying everything else. I really hope that anyone who wants clear skins tries it and can see bad skin as a thing of the past. I used to come on here hoping for something to work, then I found something that worked and havenat needed anything else, but I want this to be brought to more peopleas awareness.

I think everyone should know this approach as itas the foundation of treating bad skin, and I think a lot more than ever before do, because with people having to use awful things like tablets and harsh chemicals to treat their skin when they can have clear skin easily if they just knew how this information should be shared by everyone until those treatments are gone.

The 3 aspects of this holistic treatment is skin treatment; simple washing and moisturizing, emotions; letting go of all negativity surrounding skin and diet; dropping acne causing foods and replacing them with foods that improve your skinas health. All simple and the strongest way to heal your skin and prevent spots.

My quick story is I had spots for years, around 9 years of spots and treatments that didnat work. I tried accutane and about 6 other cycles of tablets, around 20+ different types of washes, around 8+ cycles of creams, and a few other treatments, and each cycles of creams or tablets would last a few weeks/months and not work. I then tried BP again from here and it just burnt my skin. I used to browse these forums looking for a acurea every time my skin flared up, just hoping I would find the correct way to treat it and being frustrated so much by everyoneas different regimens. Some would be utterly complicated, and some would require expensive materials, washes, tablets, creams, oils, etc. And it would make me frustrated because I had tried most and still wasnat clear, and would have to try more treatments and see if they would work. Of course I was treating the *effect*. I was fighting the outcome and not realizing the *cause*; the reason I was actually getting spots. When I found this and tried it my skin cleared up and not only that, I didnat need a complicated regimen or topical treatments, and my health and my skinas health improved making it look better than it had in those 10 years, and Iave had 2 years of experience with it to know it works.

So I understand first-hand how annoying bad skin can be and how complicated and frustrating it can seem when everything you try just doesnat seem to work and can sometimes make things worse. Itas because weare dealing with an outcome and trying to fix that.

The problem with treating your skin because you get spots is your only dealing with the EFFECT, when we have to deal with the CAUSE. The cause in most cases(apart from hormonal)is our diet.

On top of that we aggravate our skin with treatments and chemicals that damage our skin and can even be the cause of many spots. It IS possible to treat your skin with creams or tablets, but they have unhealthy side effects and for me, they wouldnat work.

Treatment should be gentle and natural. The reason spots appear is because weare going against nature. Weare putting in bad foods, putting in a lot of negativity, and aggravating our skin. So we have to reverse that and put in good foods, positivity and care for our skin.

Letas get to it.

The Holistic approach

Treatment - Emotions - Internal Cause

Treatment: Just a simple cleanser with no chemicals is good. I just use Dove Soap for sensitive skin 2xday and as moisturizer I use jojoba oil. These are just my own personal ways of keeping my skin clean and healthy. In the end you just want to keep your face clean with a simple cleanser without harsh chemicals(that many spot-treatment washes have) and keep my skin hydrated with a moisturizer, I use jojoba oil because itas natural and my skin isnat greasy(the holistic treatment is for all skin types).

I know some people may not want to stop their facial treatments and itas OK, the other 2 steps are useful, but make sure youare not aggravating your skin too much, as sometimes that can be the main cause. It does sound silly, but the treatment can actually be the cause of some spots.

Emotional aspect: Itas important to keep this part under control because it fuels stress and amplifies the problem. This is for your own peace of mind. The emotions from not having clear skin are just as bad sometimes as actually having the spots. Emotions like anger, sadness, frustration and grief are not helpful to us. If the cause of these emotions is a reaction to our skin and self-image, then they should be dealt with.

This is a very simple way of dealing with your emotions with your skin, and for any negative emotions.

You can use this on ANY emotion

Here it is: Itas as simple as this. You say aYESa to everything all

If your emotions are going wild you say aoeyesa to them.

If youare body is in pain you say aoeyesa to the pains.

If youare life situation is feeling out of control you say aoeyesa then do whatever.

If youare angry at yourself, someone or something just say aoeyesa then do whatever.

Some alternatives: Yes/Accept/Embrace/Welcome/Be aware of/Love/Enjoy

Youare basically accepting all emotions. Most of us fight them. When we feel a negative emotion we should let it be there or even run towards it. You can say aoeGive me more!a and thatas embracing them, and they leave.

The simple reason is because aoewhat you resist persistsa. Resist or fight an emotion and it gets worse. Embrace it or accept it, and it leaves.

Trust me; itas helpful for your well-being and happiness.

You can use this in your everyday life in ALL situations, not just frustration at skin problems.

Just try it and see. Say aoeYESa to all negative emotions: Grief, anxiety, frustration, anger, etc.

aoeCan I just accept for a moment what Iam feeling?a

Internal Cause: Bad foods. I will be providing a book that goes in depth as to why bad foods cause acne, but Iall be listing the short version here just for the sake of a quick listing.

Diet:This is the good and bad food list from Loren Cordainas book:

Bad Foods

These foods cause spots, acne and bad health. Avoid them.

Dairy, cereal grains, wheat, legumes, yeast containing foods, processed and canned meats, alcohol and sweets.

aoeDairy Foods

1. Milk

2. Cheeses

3. Butter

4. Cream

5. Yogurt

6. Ice cream

7. Ice milk

8. Frozen yogurt

9. Powdered Milk

10. Non fat dairy creamer

11. Dairy spreads

12. All processed foods made with any dairy products

13. Sour milk, kumis

Cereal Grains 1. Wheat (bread, rolls, muffins, noodles, crackers, cookies, cake,

Doughnuts, pancakes, waffles, pasta, spaghetti, lasagne, wheat

Tortillas, pizza, pita bread, flat bread and all processed foods made

With wheat or wheat flour)

2. Rye (Rye bread, rye crackers and all processed foods made with

Rye)

3. Barley (barley soup, barley bread, and all processed foods made

With barley)

4. Oats (Quaker oats, rolled oats, and all processed foods made with

Oats)

5. Corn (corn on the cob, corn tortillas, corn starch, corn syrup, corn

Chips, Doritos, Fritos, Taco shells)

6. Rice (All rice, brown rice, white rice, top ramen, rice noodles,

Basmati rice, rice cakes, rice flour and all processed foods made

With rice)

7. Wild Rice

8. Millet

9. Sorghum

10. Modified food starch (may be made from the grains: corn, wheat, or rice and from starchy tubers: potatoes, or tapioca)

Cereal Grain-Like Seeds

1. Amaranth

2. Quinoa

3. Buckwheat

Legumes

1. All beans (kidney, pinto, navy, white, lima, black, broad bean,

Teary, wax beans, string beans, green beans, mug beans)

2. Lentils

3. Peas, split peas, snow peas

4. Peanuts (peanuts are a legume and not a nut)

5. Soybeans and all soybean products

6. Garbanzo beans, chickpea

7. Black eyed peas

Starchy Tubers

1. Potatoes

2. Cassava root, manioc

3. Tapioca pudding

Yeast Containing Foods

1. All baked goods (breads, doughnuts, rolls, muffins etc.)

2. All fermented foods (beer, wine, pickled foods, foods containing

vinegar, tofu)

Fatty, Processed & Canned Meats & Fish 1. Sausages, bacon

2. Fatty hamburger

3. Fatty cuts of meats

a. T-bone steaks

b. Beef ribs

c. Lamb roasts and chops

4. Processed meats

a. Lunchmeat, deli meat

b. Any preserved or smoked meat (hams, turkey, etc.)

c. Smoked or dried and salted fish

5. Canned or pickled meat and fish

a. Canned fish (tuna, sardines, herrings, smoked oysters and

clams, canned salmon and mackerel, etc.)

b. Canned hams, chickens, beef, etc.

All Alcoholic beverages

Sweets

1. All candy

2. All refined sugars

3. Maple sugar

4. Date sugar

5. Syrups

6. Honey

7. Dried fruit

Vegetable and Salad Oils, Margarines and Shortening

1. All processed foods made with or cooked in vegetable oils,

margarines or shortening

2. The only exceptions are: flaxseed oil, canola oil, walnut oil and olive

Oil

Good Foods

Fresh vegetables, seafood, lean meats, and fresh fruits.

Acceptable Fresh Vegetables: The following list certainly is not comprehensive and nearly all fresh

vegetables, except potatoes, are entirely acceptable.

The list: asparagus, parsnip, radish, broccoli, lettuce, mushrooms,

dandelion, mustard greens, watercress, purslane, onions, green onions, carrots,

parsley, squash of all varieties, bell peppers, all peppers, artichoke, tomato, cauliflower, cabbage, brussel sprouts, celery, cucumber, tomatillos, collards,

Swiss chard, endive, beet greens, beets, turnips, rutabaga, kohlrabi, kale,

eggplant, pumpkin, turnip greens, spinach, seaweed, yams

Acceptable Fresh Fruit: As was the case with vegetables, any fresh fruit you can get your hands

on is fair game. The only exceptions are dried fruits (raisins, dates, figs, etc),

which like potatoes should be avoided since they also have quite high glycemic

loads.

The list: apples, oranges, pears, peaches, plums, kiwi fruit, pomegranate,

grapes, watermelon, cantaloupe, cassava melon, pineapple, guava, nectarine,

apricot, strawberry, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, avocado, carambola,

cherimoya, cherry, fig, grapefruit, lemon, lime, lychee, mango, papaya, passion

fruit, persimmon, tangerine, star fruit, gooseberries, boysenberries, rhubarb,

cranberries, honeydew melon, and all other fruits

Acceptable Meats, Poultry and Eggs

Lean beef: flank steak trimmed of visible fat, top sirloin steak trimmed of

visible fat, extra lean ground beef (drain fat from pan when possible), London

broil trimmed of visible fat, chuck steak trimmed of visible fat, all lean cuts

trimmed of visible fat, lean beef jerky

Lean pork: lean pork loin, lean pork chops, lean pork roasts, all lean cuts

trimmed of visible fat

Lean chicken, turkey and game hens: skinless breasts

Eggs: Eggs are actually a high fat food and a single egg averages 62%

fat by energy. I recommend that you limit egg consumption to six per week and

buy omega-3 enriched eggs whenever possible.

Commercially Available Game Meat and Other Exotic Meats:

The list: kangaroo, venison, elk, alligator, reindeer, pheasant, quail,

muscovy duck, goose, wild boar, ostrich, rattlesnake, emu, turtle, African

Springbok antelope, New Zealand Cervena deer, squab, wild turkey, caribou,

bear, buffalo, rabbit, goat

Acceptable Fish:

The list: salmon, halibut, herring, trout, catfish, bass, mackerel, cod, scrod,

northern pike, sunfish, haddock, grouper, walleye, flatfish, red snapper, monkfish,

rockfish, perch tilapia, striped bass, turbot, mullet, bluefish, drum, eel, orange

roughy, or any other commercially available or fresh caught fish

Acceptable Shellfish: The list: abalone, clams, crab, crayfish, lobster, mussels, oysters,

scallops, shrimp, whelk or any other commercially available or fresh caught

crustacean or mollusc

The only oils I recommend are flaxseed, canola, walnut, avocado and

olive.a

The book is here: (It won't show a link on here, but do a search for "Loren Cordain - The dietary cure for acne" and follow the 'filestube' link - It's available for download)

Its worth reading the parts you want especially the diet part. The rest is scientific studies as to how and why bad foods cause acne, which isnat really useful looking back, the actual food list is what I use.

Conclusion

The first time you see this list may be quite scary, it was for me. But I got tired of spots and treatments and decided to do something about it, and took on this diet. I was about 50/50 good and bad foods at the beginning, and I can stay clear at eating around 60-70% good foods, and this is someone who has never had anything really work well before. This is because I was treating the effect and as long as the cause was bad, I would have been doing it forever.

So in summary:

a Simple washing and (optional, but helpful)moisturizing

a Emotional aspect

a Good diet

I really hope that this approach gets more popular than it already is until it becomes the foundation for treatment of acne and stops people ending up in the cycle of products and tablets.

I am more confident in having people try this than ANY other product out there and itas also the safest and healthiest way. I think itas pointless to have regimens with lots of steps. We shouldnat have to do any treatment at all, just a good diet, and basic cleansing like everyone else in the world does. Once youave proved to yourself that it works youall be excited to use it.

Iall answer any questions you may have.

All the best.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/09/2010 11:29 am

-

MemberMember
(@captainsunshine)

Posted : 08/09/2010 4:25 pm

So this is cordain's paleo basically. Paleo people trimmed fat from their meat? :D

I read it all, granted it's good advice, but couldn't find a single reference to 'Paleo' lol.

Note of caution about using Dove soaps, there may be citric acid in there, so it's worth checking ingredients in case you are avoiding it. Personally, I used to have bouts of dry flaky skin around my mouth and nose, no moisturiser helped, then I found a website dealing with skin rashes and they advised using "Head and Shoulders" (should have two types of zinc). You wash your face and leave it on for ten mins, rinse, then, repeat for five mins. Wash off. Do it morning and night. I have clear shiny skin everyday doing this.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/10/2010 5:33 am

-

MemberMember
(@applepie_849)

Posted : 12/08/2010 12:49 pm

Brilliant! This works!!!!! :D

Clear for weeks, and have to tell people about it!

And no it's not paleo diet. If you read the book you'd see that the author created this diet for people with any kind of acne, and did scientific studies on it.

I don't even do it 100%. I don't why people argue over what foods cause it and what doesn't when this post is on here and it tells them exactly what does and doesn't.

Anyone can read the book but like i said, it is filled with studies that aren't necessary to know, but this post has all the essentials from the book and more.

It's a shame this post isn't a sticky because if people read this, they would know how to prevent acne/cure it and what foods cause it. Instead of people giving persnal opinions on what does(just one persons view), this list is at least a lot more accurate and tested on a lot of people. It saves a lot of time and effort trying to work it out for yourself.

It's all in all a great guideline for clear healthy skin.

Amazing!!!Love it, and grateful i'm clear and healthy!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/08/2010 5:05 pm

^ It is Cordain's paleo diet.

And yes, it is a good diet, but it would not have cleared me. And most people will not need to limit their diets that much, i.e. avoiding completely fermented dairy, fatty meats, all those eeevil seeds (which aren't equally evil and traditional preparations and food combinations make them fine to be part of your diet), etc. And none of those break me out, btw.

And you can follow this diet and still be eating something you have an intolerance for that contributes to your acne. That list of acceptable foods includes foods that cause me to have severe cystic acne. There are several other foods that it's extremely common to be allergic to in that list like eggs, shellfish, citrus, genus prunus, true nuts... And many people are intolerant of fructose and need to be careful of high fructose fruits that fill that list. Although that intolerance can be reduced with nutrients and lifestyle habits.

What you want is a nutrient dense, anti-inflammatory, blood sugar stabilizing diet habits that don't include anything you have an intolerance for. And to sleep and exercise right.

And I'd avoid the use of any soap or cleanser in favor of plain water and oil cleansing if you have makeup to remove. And if insist on using a cleanser, then follow cleansing with something to restore the PH like diluted ACV.

And WTH is lamb doing on the unacceptable meats list??? That's wrong.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/08/2010 6:05 pm

cool, thnx for writing all this buuut..

damn again all the good stuff in the bad list and meh foods are the good ones pfffft.. >_>

but as fcking annoyed till death i am with all this now and am willing to do basically anything and there wouldnt be much of a trouble if not fact that im vegetarian plus alot of good lists foods are simply not available in area where i live, so can i still get everything i need from just:

radish, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, green onions, carrots,

parsley, bell peppers, all peppers, tomato, cauliflower, cabbage, celery, cucumber, beets, turnips, rutabaga, kohlrabi, kale, eggplant, turnip greens, seaweed (nori)

and fruits?

and those only at spring/summer:

lettuce, dandelion, pumpkin, brussel sprouts, beet greens, spinach

anywayz, what about virgin oils, nuts, seeds? if they are soaked? honey? cocoa?

those diets, just pisses me off >_> i dont care if i have to eat very little but its such a damn hassle to find appropriate food, calculate all what u have to eat for getting certain vitamins etc and most affordable, easy to get, yummiest foods are forbidden..pfffft

this is just soo cool ill just probably get cabbage/onion cake this xmass, sounds fuuun >_>

MemberMember
(@applepie_849)

Posted : 12/11/2010 12:46 pm

It's easy to put this down, but some of us are very tired of having to use treatments, and a few changes in our diet helps acne. Yes, it doesn't for everyone, but to dismiss it as worthless is unnescesary.

The majority of people don't have severe allergies. If someone has an allergy to something on the list, then don't eat it. They shouldn't have to be told that. Also, if i use acv my skin burns, yes, even diluted. I can't use treatments, and shouldn't have to either. And, lamb is on the bad foods list as lamb chops with grease and fat. I still eat them thou

The majority of people who have cured their acne have changed their diets and stopped using harsh treatments. That cures acne for a lot of people.

If there is something on the list you don't like, then don't change it. I don't stick to it 100% at all. But like 70% of the food i used to eat was bad, and i used chemical treatments and washes.

It's a good guideline, and if it helps people cure their acne then it's all good.

I have no idea what the post above is about

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/11/2010 3:30 pm

It's easy to put this down, but some of us are very tired of having to use treatments, and a few changes in our diet helps acne. Yes, it doesn't for everyone, but to dismiss it as worthless is unnescesary.

What an odd comment to make on the Nutrition and Holistic board. I don't think there was one single post that dismissed this as worthless. And we all here know that diet affects acne and can keep your skin clear. And most of us don't use 'treatments.' Just try posting a question about a topical or drug and watch the reactions.

There are only posts that say this exact diet isn't necessarily required (which it isn't), it excludes foods that for many don't need to be excluded and could still not clear everyone because you could follow it and still be eating high GL meals which screws up hormones and is inflammatory or be eating something you have an intolerance for, etc.

So no, this particular list of diet and habits is not the one true cure.

MemberMember
(@applepie_849)

Posted : 12/12/2010 12:12 pm

Diet is only part of the regimen, and for most people, I think it's a good guideline.

Anyway I'm clear so there's no need for me to post on here anymore, I don't want to argue over this I don't have time I just wanted to say thank you to the person for their post and that it does work, although like alternitivista said some people may have allergies to even 'good' foods.

All the best everyone!

:D

MemberMember
(@desperate4clearskin)

Posted : 12/14/2010 8:34 pm

This is what I have been looking for. It's going to be tough because it will be a complete lifestyle change, but I am going to try it!

MemberMember
(@sito)

Posted : 12/14/2010 10:09 pm

SILENTWHISPER - THANK YOU, GRACIAS, GRAZIE ...

this might be the BEST & MOST USEFUL POST EVER for me.

it just answers so many of my questions about many foods that i have been eating, that i eat, or that i want to eat, such as canned tuna, canned salmon, old-fashioned quaker oats, yams, beans, extra virgin olive oil, and countless others.

all i need to do is SAVE this thread so i can keep coming back to it. any help with that?

ANyway, THANK YOU.

MemberMember
(@sito)

Posted : 12/27/2010 11:45 pm

SILENTWHISPER GOOD SIR or anyone that knows what they are talking about and can help>>>

i have questions in regards to whether plantains (green bananas or platanos) would be under the bad foods.

They are treated in much the same way as potatoes and with a similar neutral flavour and texture when the unripe fruit is cooked by steaming or boiling. I know fried that they are really bad, but i wonder if they are boiled would they be found under the good or bad food items?

also would like to know if pistacchios, honey (put in green smoothies), and vinegar added to foods are ok or are they bad as i suspect?

i also read a honey mask is good for scars, and if so, what kind of honey. i always thought that since honey was sugary that it was BAD.

i know these may sound like stupid questions, but i'm just wondering and i want to make sure as i'm trying to make the appropriate dietary changes to my life so i can properly deal with this acne.

and what specific kind of lean beef jerky is good?? i don't want to buy the bad stuff and then realize i've been messing up>> also could you recommend any other good snacks?

thank you and sorry for any inconvenience but i appreciate you taking the time out to respond to my small-brained questions.

THANKS AGAIN.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/28/2010 11:26 am

i know these may sound like stupid questions, but i'm just wondering and i want to make sure as i'm trying to make the appropriate dietary changes to my life so i can properly deal with this acne.

and what specific kind of lean beef jerky is good?? i don't want to buy the bad stuff and then realize i've been messing up>> also could you recommend any other good snacks?

Much in those lists of 'good' and 'bad' food is goofy. In addition, how 'bad' they are for you varies from person to person and you have to figure out any intolerances whether allergies or intolerances to fructose, lactose, gluten, etc. via an elimination diet.

Just eat real, whole nutrient dense foods, more anti-inflammatory foods (plants that aren't grains and fish) than inflammatory (the worst being sugar or high GI foods and hydrogenated/trans fats), and in low to moderate glycemic load meals/drinks and snacks.

Plaintains are good food. Honey is sugar, but remember, it's the impact of the meal that matters, not whether or not it contains a bit of sugar.

MemberMember
(@sito)

Posted : 01/01/2011 11:59 pm

i know i'm asking really annoying and simple minded questions, but i'd just like to know people's own experience and knowledge a bit more than just reading reports on these things, but what's wrong with FISH? (you say plants that aren't grains & FISH?)

i thought FISH was good for you? and i didn't even know about plants could be fish? i think i'm seriously misunderstanding something either thru my limited English or ignorance> SOmeone school me on this>

also, how many bananas is too many for a snack or after a meal? another stupid question i know, but what would you recommend?

MemberMember
(@03gt)

Posted : 01/02/2011 1:42 am

OP has strong lack of knowledge

MemberMember
(@uncle-buck)

Posted : 01/02/2011 8:36 am

i know i'm asking really annoying and simple minded questions, but i'd just like to know people's own experience and knowledge a bit more than just reading reports on these things, but what's wrong with FISH? (you say plants that aren't grains & FISH?)

i thought FISH was good for you? and i didn't even know about plants could be fish? i think i'm seriously misunderstanding something either thru my limited English or ignorance> SOmeone school me on this>

also, how many bananas is too many for a snack or after a meal? another stupid question i know, but what would you recommend?

He's saying that Fish, along with plants (not grains) are OK. Fish is great. :D

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/02/2011 10:41 am

You did seriously misunderstand. Fish and plant foods that aren't grains are examples of the most anti-inflammatory foods and you should eat plenty of them. Make them the bulk of your diet. Eat lots of bright colorful fruits and veggies, herbs and teas. And have fish at least a couple of times per week. Ideally fatty cold water fish which are higher in omega 3 fats which is anti-inflammatory. Wild salmon, mackerel, sardines, herring.

Cold water trout is another example and farmed is fine. At least the trout farmed in the U.S. is fine. You'd have to look into the conditions at fish farms wherever the fish sold near you comes from.

MemberMember
(@sito)

Posted : 01/03/2011 10:55 pm

ALTERNATIVISTA - thanks for clearing that up for me mayn man. I APPRECIATE IT.

also what Snacks would you recommend? thanks

03GT - why do you say the threadstarter has a strong lack of knowledge??

what exactly do you believe SILENTWHISPER is wrong about?? what foods specifically?

please feel free to go expand and go into detail about the foods. THANK YOU.

MemberMember
(@jaerid)

Posted : 01/03/2011 11:02 pm

How the hell can you eat a steak without any fat? Gross, you might as well just go chew on some shoe leather. There's a reason why the most expensive and revered cuts of meat are out of control with fat marbling.

MemberMember
(@silentwhipser)

Posted : 03/02/2011 10:50 am

I haven't been on here since I made the original post.

It's a shame to see people do the whole 'My diet's better than yours' routine or the 'I don't agree with this one food...'. The diet is just a guide. The book actually has scientific studies as to what affects acne, and that's the basis of it. It worked for me and a lot of people, and you feel more confident using a diet that has more strength to it because of interviews, studies, tests, etc, than if you were to read one of the many posts on here by people who thinks they have the best diet when it's just their single opinion. I'm just not interested in the 'this is wrong and I'm right' attitude to feel superior. I know if people think they're right, anything that challenges that notion will upset them.

I actually find the diet strict, but like I said it's a guide. Before I came across it I wasn't sure about some foods. I offered it as it was originally in the book. I thought it would be arrogant to make changes when the author spent so much time understanding the affects of diet on acne. You can break the diet, just know that it's a good general guide. If someone wants to pick little bits and pieces and get upset about them it's pointless, just ignore it, and if someone has an allergy to a food, then do not eat it. I think that's pretty obvious.

I don't want to argue over bits of food.

So if anyone wants to do the diet, treat it as a guideline. No need to be super strict. If you want to eat something on the 'bad' list, fine. It's just if you're entire diet is the bad food list, then you might want to make some changes. ;)

As far as the other parts go, I still strongly believe in them. The diet is 1/3 of it. The emotions play a bigger part than I think the majority of people would believe, and so does using treatments on your skin, especially if it's sensitive.

Good luck to people doing this. :D Make sure parts 2/3 and 3/3 are in check. I really think they can help, and the diet is pretty good, I just offered it how it was originally in the book. If you have a better understanding of diet and acne, feel free to make your own diet. I would actually hope for that. I'm sure many diets would work.

I'll check this post from now for the next week or so if anyone wants any help. I don't want to argue who's right over bits of food, I just know that acne can suck so I wanted to offer something that helped not only from my experience, but others too. I don't get anything from this, I'm just hoping people can achieve clear skin and to not have any doubts in their minds about their beauty. When you have clear skin, you just get on with your life and forget about acne and hoping for a new product or checking these boards all the time. You let go and leave it behind.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 03/02/2011 6:57 pm

The diet is 1/3 of it. The emotions play a bigger part than I think the majority of people would believe, and so does using treatments on your skin, especially if it's sensitive.

Never been any problem with my emotions. And I was going through a divorce when I improved my diet and my skin cleared, so if my emotions were a problem, they should have been then.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 03/02/2011 7:06 pm

I haven't been on here since I made the original post.

It's a shame to see people do the whole 'My diet's better than yours' routine or the 'I don't agree with this one food...'. The diet is just a guide.

I'll check this post from now for the next week or so if anyone wants any help.

The problem is, it's not a good guide if it's just a list of foods and doesn't mention anything about keeping blood sugar stable, eating more anti-inflammatory foods than inflammatory or about food intolerances. You could easily pick a bad diet from those lists of foods. I could follow that list and still have severe cystic acne. And i have clear skin while eating many of those supposedly 'bad' foods.

And we have plenty of disciples of Cordain around here to answer questions, there's no need for you to stick around just for that.

MemberMember
(@silentwhipser)

Posted : 03/03/2011 11:28 am

Emotions are there for some of us with acne. Not many of us look in the mirror and are happy to see bad skin. It's great if someone can, but we all prefer clear skin, otherwise we wouldn't be here.

That's why I offered a way to deal with the negative emotions that are attached to having bad skin. Whether bad emotions or stress cause spots wouldn't even matter, nobody likes to feel bad.

And the 3/3 part about not using treatments is helpful too. Treatments are harsh and sometimes can be the cause of acne. I notice yousaid you could use ACV on the previous page, but for me putting vinegar on my face would cause it to go red and get spots.

I know the diet makes you angry I can tell from your posts, but if you want you can post a better version if you want. The only reason I posted it was because it's helped a lot of people and got me clear. I haven't done anything wrong other than intend to help people, if there is a better diet please post it, I haven't had enough experience to try many diets so when I got clear from one I thought it could help people, which to be honest it can and has, but I understand there are other factors involved sometimes. So if you know a better way of implementing a healthy diet I think it could be helpful for people to know so that they have a clear path of what diet to use.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 03/03/2011 5:00 pm

First, I can't believe that I forgot to mention how unstable blood sugar and all kinds of nutrients affect your emotions and mood in my prior post. If you are emotional, look to your blood sugar.

And I'm not the slightest bit angry. I am concerned for the people who might think they are eating only safe foods and still break out because they are in fact eating too many high glycemic impacting meals, drinks or snacks. Or because they have an intolerance to something you and Cordain tell them is safe. I am trying clarify.

Keeping blood sugar stable is absolutely the most important thing that everyone should do. Everyone. Acne or not. It's basic to health. Cordain spoke a great deal about Insulin, the glycemic index and the impact of high glycemic meals on acne. He too, considers that key. But you left that part out. The most important part.

And I've already posted better diet advice. Here in this thread, in my signature and all over the place, hundreds of times. It's what I've been saying here. Here it is again:

You want to eat real, whole nutrient dense foods keeping all meals, drinks and snacks low to moderate glycemic load. Have more anti-inflammatory foods than inflammatory. And avoid anything that you personally have an intolerance for, which everyone has to figure out for themselves. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Good-t230714.html That link is to my thread which has had going on 43,000 reads with not a single disagreement with my information. Edit: Correction, it currently has over 44,000 reads.

And if you can't figure out what to eat on your own from those guidelines, start by limiting to yourself to very hypo-allergenic foods that also happen to be very nutrient dense and keeping the couple of high glycemic fruits to a minimum/have in combination with a meal of the other foods to reduce their glycemic impact. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/IgE-vs-Ig...t&p=2400195 Do that for a few months while you learn what foods are inflammatory/anti-inflammatory/high glycemic, etc., and gradually and methodically add things back in and watch for signs of intolerance.

In addition, after after avoiding completely for some months to test for intolerance, everyone should limit gluten and dairy, especially unfermented dairy, whether or not you notice any sign of an intolerance for them. Gluten isn't healthy for anyone and it's usually in foods that have little to no nutritional value and there are many ways dairy affects acne.

Oh, when I used it, I put very, very diluted ACV on my face. I doubt it would irritate even your skin. And I haven't been going around telling people to use it except when they insist on using some alkaline cleanser, baking soda or other topical. I don't think anyone ever once disputed the avoidance of harsh products, anyway. Especially not me. I don't even use cleanser.