Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfonzo Trqa

My theory on how to really get rid of Whiteheads

People say not to scrub or pick at them, but I honestly don't see how face covering creames and gels could possibly directly get rid of them

Here's what I've been doing and found it effective;

Have a shower

Use special whitehead lotions as your soap

Scrub face gently with sponge making sure to pop all apparent whiteheads/soon to be zits

Use a facial scrub to cleanse your face, if it's bleeding - since the bacteria will get out you can immediately cleanse it and clean the inside of your whiteheads before it can spread

After you shower, dry off your face and continue to resume your regimen

BP works especially as it can dry off the cut and prevent it from scaring, Savlon helps too

In addition to this; fresh fruit and plenty of water help to cleanse your insides to prevent breakouts, as does Dan's regimen.

Is this coincidental that this is working for me? I found this to be very effective, but it's not advised. Discuss?

I really don't see how popping your pimple will do any good if you're going to cleanse your face shortly after. It's like you're pushing around the bacteria all around your face; even the best cleanser won't cleanse your skin enough to get rid of all of the signs of acne-causing bacteria.

this sounds brutal!and that it might hurt a lot.i cringed when i saw 'Use a facial scrub to cleanse your face, if it's bleeding - since the bacteria will get out you can immediately cleanse it and clean the inside of your whiteheads before it can spread'

question,how do you clean the insides of whiteheads?

Deep pore cleansers work wonders when the pore is actually open, meaning it really is deep pore treatment. Neutrogena works well. Then use Savlon for quick healing.

Success.

Opening up the pores is the most effective way of cleaning them. You can kill the bacteria simply.

I tried doing the same thing earlier last year when I started breaking out a lot in a specific area on my face. It worked temporarily, and after a couple of weeks/months I gradually started breaking out all over my face, rather than just that one area. Once you pop a pimple, the bacteria has already spread to the surrounding pores. Even if you freshly pop that one pimple with the pore open and ready for cleansing, that does not prevent the other surrounding pores, which are never as "open" as the popped pimple, to break out within a few weeks time.

Edited by youyesyou