Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my friend has just gone on the pill for her acne. i think it's a special type, that people take to limit sebum formed and if they have excess facial hair. it's not supposed to be taken solely as contraception, it's especially for acne i think.

has anybody taken it and been successful? i'm thinking of bringing it up with my doctor because having lighter periods would be a nice side effect too!

the bad thing is that there are other side effects and i used to get migraine every once in a while. it says that it might aggrevate migraine and depression, which is bad for me since both of those things are in my family.

my friend has just gone on the pill for her acne. i think it's a special type, that people take to limit sebum formed and if they have excess facial hair. it's not supposed to be taken solely as contraception, it's especially for acne i think.

has anybody taken it and been successful? i'm thinking of bringing it up with my doctor because having lighter periods would be a nice side effect too!

the bad thing is that there are other side effects and i used to get migraine every once in a while. it says that it might aggrevate migraine and depression, which is bad for me since both of those things are in my family.

I hear alot about bc pills. holly?, I tried ortho but it didn`t help me at all. I hear good stuff about Yasmin, but have yet to try it. I also tried Diane-35, but didn`t really help either. Maybe I just had bad luck wit em when it comes to acne sad.gif, but this site did mention yasmin alot when I first came on. Too bad you don`t know the exact name: it`s a bc that is specifically for acne? never heard of it, try and find out for us if you can! maybe it`s new or something. :think:

I hear alot about bc pills.  holly?, I tried ortho but it didn`t help me at all. I hear good stuff about Yasmin, but have yet to try it. I also tried Diane-35, but didn`t really help either. Maybe I just had bad luck wit em when it comes to acne sad.gif, but this site did mention yasmin alot when I first came on.  Too bad you don`t know the exact name: it`s a bc that is specifically for acne? never heard of it, try and find out for us if you can! maybe it`s new or something.  :think:

A friend of mine was on Yasmine. Her already large boobs grew about another cup size or two... so, if that's something you're interested in... I'm on ortho tri-lo. although they haven't done tests to see if it helps with acne, what blemishes i had left after years of fighting with ance have basically disapeared. i guess the two could be unrelated, but i don't think so. i havne't had any side affects. good luck!

I don't know what your situation with your skin is, but my acne has never been severe.  It has been mild to moderate off and on for many years.  I can't remember the last time it was completely clear.  If you have severe acne, it may not help you; I'm not sure.

I'm on my fourth month of Yasmin, and I have also seen some wonderful improvements. Aside from not having CONSTANTLY sore breasts, severe cramps and migraines, much of my acne has also disappeared which is very very nice. I hardly wear makeup anymore. Sure, my acne was mild to begin with, and I still usually have about one or two pimples at one time, all the time, but... I'll take that over a face full of zits any day. smile.gif *knocks on wood*

I'm on my fourth month of Yasmin, and I have also seen some wonderful improvements. Aside from not having CONSTANTLY sore breasts, severe cramps and migraines, much of my acne has also disappeared which is very very nice. I hardly wear makeup anymore. Sure, my acne was mild to begin with, and I still usually have about one or two pimples at one time, all the time, but... I'll take that over a face full of zits any day. smile.gif *knocks on wood*

does yasmin give you bigger boobs too? if it did, then that would be my dream pill! no more headaches, spots, cramps, double a cups!

well i guess it's different for everybody but it does seem very good.

I take Diane-35 and it works awesome! I had severe acne and now my skin is almost completely clear. It did take a couple months to notice any difference though. I think ive been taking it for about a year now. Good Luck!

guys just wondering.... do these pills help for all types of acne? cystic? ... i think i have scars.. but i have these bumps in my face *which don't hurt* where previous acne was... i dunno if it's one of those raised scar.. or active acne.. my derma tried to put me on accutane.. but suggested taking the pill first for 2 months.. first.

I'm currently on Estrostep FE and it has helped a lot. I have been on it since April and was pretty much clear by the end of May. My skin doesnt produce as much oil anymore and no side effects so far.