Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justinxg27

Uneven Skin now :L

Hi, basically I went on accutane for like a year or so, and I had moderate acne (acoording to my derm), and this is me now.. (link is a attachment)

What is your recommendations from what it looks like?.. I'm only 15, and I have extremely sensitive skin.. NO joke

Sorry there's a little effect on the photo :L

post-132150-1281338647_thumb.jpg

post-132150-1281338647_thumb.jpg

Edited by justinxg27

Well I can't really see any problems with your skin at all :lol: You say you have uneven skin? Maybe if you took the effect off we might be able to help you out a little more :)

Edited by GoGoPlums

Like umm.. when I look in the mirror, it' pink splodge there, white there, pink there... etc..

Pic without effect:

post-132150-1281429265_thumb.jpg

post-132150-1281429265_thumb.jpg

Edited by justinxg27

Just little blemishes here and there? Maybe it's left over from Accutane...

Just little blemishes here and there? Maybe it's left over from Accutane...

Well.. I want my normal skin back when I was un-oily, little tanned, etc.. :L i hate this skin

It'll just take time. And tanning will not help other than really temporarily (and it'll probably make hyperpigmentation worse). Use sunscreen! UV rays are not your friend if you want an even skin tone.

You can speed up the process by using a topical retinoid, well formulated AHA (like Dan's! but there are other good ones), or niacinamide.

Quercetin is another option, though it's a bit experimental. Won't hurt though, its a great antioxidant.

It'll just take time. And tanning will not help other than really temporarily (and it'll probably make hyperpigmentation worse). Use sunscreen! UV rays are not your friend if you want an even skin tone.

You can speed up the process by using a topical retinoid, well formulated AHA (like Dan's! but there are other good ones), or niacinamide.

Quercetin is another option, though it's a bit experimental. Won't hurt though, its a great antioxidant.

Sorry, forgot to meantion I still got 35 tablets left of my 20mg accutane. (just for oil)

Well.. I want my normal skin back when I was un-oily, little tanned, etc.. :L i hate this skin

Just hang in there dude, people would for kill your skin! ;):injured:

Sorry, forgot to meantion I still got 35 tablets left of my 20mg accutane. (just for oil)

Ohhh. Yeah, just use a good, nourishing moisturizer and chill. And be happy! Clear skin is nice.

A moisturizer came help even out my skin? usually, when I use my "derm recommened" moistuizers, they make the pink areas look like shiny red... instead of the old pink :L

They can keep your skin nourished and moisturized while on Accutane, letting it heal more normally. But yeah it might make it worse momentarily.