Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I recently purchased a bottle of an Omega 3-6-9 complex, and have been taking the recommended 3 capsules each day with food. For the first week I didn't notice much of a difference, except for maybe more oily skin and my hair seemed healthier. The next week my face started breaking out really bad, with CYSTS! I have only gotten about 2-3 cysts in my entire life before starting the fish oil regimen. So, I would like to know if other people have had similar problems while starting their fish oil regimens, and if these cysts will continue while I'm using fish oil or go away after a certain period? Also, could I be breaking out because I am using other topical products while taking fish oil? I also use AcneFree Severe and use the retinol. I also take a daily multivitamin. Has anyone else experienced this, should I take less than recommended, or stop taking them at all???

Edited by Trae Michael

I was taking fish oil all throughout high school and up till about 4 months ago. I'm certain that fish oil did not help my skin. It caused me to be even more oily. I'm already oily. I stopped four months ago and haven't had really any form of "acne" since. Just tiny pimples here and there. I'm also on taz. But my IB was in nov. So I'm past that. I know my body doesn't like fish oil. Maybe experiment for a couple more weeks and see what happens. ;/ Best of Luck!

I don't know what the explanation is for your cyst breakout.

However, you should really only take omega 3 capsules. Your body already has an overflow of omega 6 and 9 fatty acids. I know it seems like it's good to take 3-6-9, but I only noticed results when I dropped it for just the 3's.

I don't know what the explanation is for your cyst breakout.

However, you should really only take omega 3 capsules. Your body already has an overflow of omega 6 and 9 fatty acids. I know it seems like it's good to take 3-6-9, but I only noticed results when I dropped it for just the 3's.

I stopped taking them yesterday, and already have saw results, they are already starting to dry up, and I haven't gotten any new ones when I woke up this morning. I heard it was better to take the omega 3 along with 6 and 9, it sucks I already bought a 2 month supply of these! I dunno if I'll try any fish oil anymore. I usually only have 1-2 pimples at a time on my face, so I probably didn't need them too bad.