Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've come back recently on these boards to check out on you guys and found out theories about proteins and toxins our body releases through our skin?I would like to spare ppl pointless crazy diets and flushes and explain how acne is formed.

Im gonna write this in such a simple form everyone can understand

1.You have oily skin

2.Oily skin attracts bacteria that make your sebaceous glands their home smile.gif

3.Bacteria glue together with sebum (oil that face produces) and form plugs

4.These bacteria have the ability to trigger an immune system reaction.

5.White blood cells come and eat the bacteria,they die and create what we call "pus" (which is actually dead white cells, not proteins or toxins)

The end.

So if you want to heal your acne you either dispose of the bacteria or stop your immune system fom responding to them or by getting dry skin.

but me, including others around also break out from dryness. smile.gif

If your theory is right, then BP should do just fine for everyone.

I have a theory that it's more like this.

1.You have oily skin.

2.Heavy oil flow causes larger pores.

3.A large pore allows soap to penetrate and remove oil resulting in an empty pore.

4a.Bacteria gets in the empty pore causing a cyst.

or

4b.Your body tries to avoid 4a by plugging the empty pore from within.

5.Your body also reacts to an empty pore by producing even more oil.

The end.

Key: avoid empty pores.

but me, including others around also break out from dryness. smile.gif

If your theory is right, then BP should do just fine for everyone.

There is abnormal flaking of cells inside the hair follicle, that's why the plug is formed. I think that it's very easy to find out how acne is formed, just use Google. Why there is abnormal flaking of those cells and why does the skin produce "too much" sebum, those are the questions that are not so clear. That's how I've understand this.

Me too. I only break out if my skin is too dry, not from oily skin. I have combination skin and my oily T-zone is always clear. So how would this oil theory work?

the empty pore theory may have some basis,the only way to prove this though is to not take a bath for 5-7 days or so(including not washing your face)

the empty pore theory may have some basis,the only way to prove this though is to not take a bath for 5-7 days or so(including not washing your face)

For anyone asking how to disable their immune system, (even though its better to have acne and a good immune system).You can easily disable it by getting AIDS.

This is a bad joke btw,dont start flaming me.

Hmmmm some interesting comments about the aetiology (causes) of acne here.

However i'll just add that the scientific community are still not totally sure what causes acne (otherwise after 60years of research you'd think they'd have found a cure already?!!!).

It is assumed that dry skin and infection of p-acnes within the pores (follicles) causes acne. So both commentators above are right to certain extent. Although Protein may also be a problem, but not that protein which u eat!!!

These are base proteins in the actual skin called heat shock proteins, i believe. They regulate the skin, now some of these may not be functioning probably which leads to the skin becoming susceptible to p-acnes (bacteria which gives u acne!). This makes your skin easier to penetrate by the p-acnes and results in acne. So research at the moment at leeds univeristy in the UK is looking at ways to manipulate this base protein, hopefully by doing so it will create stronger healthier skin that can 'ward off' p-acnes, and thus reduce your inflammation and infliction of acne bacteria.

However this is just one reason, and one piece of research that is being carried out. Others include actually manipulating the acne genome its self (now that the genome has been mapped). And interestingly, the genome research indicated that the acne bacteria can become present in many situations and varying conditions, therefore the cause of acne's infliction may be hugely different in different people.

So the best thing to do is work through regimes, trying different treatments until, hopefully you will find something that works for you!

So good luck in your hunt......im on my 7th year of the hunt!

how can you stop your immune system from responding?

i had a bad cold once and was taking some meds. Didn't have a breakout that week - luckily that was prom week too. I'm guess the cold took out my immune system or the meds stopped the infection on my face

rduk,ive written a simple .txt with all my observations and conclusions of 9+ months of trial and error.If you read my threads in the "Acne Research" forum youll prolly get the whole idea behind my approach,this is yet the most effective approach ive done and i can back it up scientifically (all explained in my text).Im gonna try to make it into a ebook in some time (about a month) by then i can be 100% sure of its effectiveness and have pictures to prove it.I myself studied 5-7 medical textbooks (microbiologists textbooks) and ive undertood why what im doing even if it seems totally irrational works.If you read the rest of my threads you will also understand why when you're in bed for 1-1.5 weeks you see some solid results (beside the issue of the weak immune system mentioned).Im confident ive managed to drop my oil production by atleast 60% in the last month (which is equivalent for some time on accutane) and it seems acne is up against a wall.

ps: Im sorry to tell you this but application of tea tree oil or any kind of (antiseptic,antibacterial etc) topical has the same effects (effects not results) on your skin.It just kills the bacteria for a very short time (except in the case you want to waste half of your life applying stuff on your face)