Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foreverdoomed

Should i scrub my whiteheads off my cheeks?

i have a billion [ well maybe like 40 .. which is just as worsee :| ] tiny little annoying white heads on both my cheeks. & they are always so DAMN ITCHY. i can't even apply makeup anymore because if i blend, i pop them which ends up leaving a red mark with a tiny little pore sized hole on the spot.

I'm a 16 year old female and I'm currently on Diane35 birthcontrol which i started last week, and i'm on septra/bactrim twice a day as well as Tazorac topical cream at night.

The problem is that my whiteheads have been on my cheeks for months noww. and i've scrubbed them off in the past so that i could apply makeup, but they just keep coming back and my cheeks are really scarred as a result of scrubbing them, but i've no choice =[

& right now my whiteheads look like dry skin. THey are so dried out but yet they still leave a mark when i scratch them off.

What should i do? i really wanna scrub them off :S

Hey there. Your regimen sounds like a recipe for disaster. You shouldn't be on BC along with antibiotics. There is a good chance you are only making your problem worse. Have you ever looked into folliculitis? I suffer from this and antibiotics and BC only make it worse. Popping the whiteheads will only spread the infection and allow it to sweep across your entire face. This can also spread very easily reguardless of if they are popped. Do you have a lot of bumps along your hairline or does your acne kinda come in clusters? Are a bunch of your pores red/bumpy/itchy?

Hey there. Your regimen sounds like a recipe for disaster. You shouldn't be on BC along with antibiotics. There is a good chance you are only making your problem worse. Have you ever looked into folliculitis? I suffer from this and antibiotics and BC only make it worse. Popping the whiteheads will only spread the infection and allow it to sweep across your entire face. This can also spread very easily reguardless of if they are popped. Do you have a lot of bumps along your hairline or does your acne kinda come in clusters? Are a bunch of your pores red/bumpy/itchy?

Bactrim makes your folliculitis worse? It actually helps me :think:

I was honestly frightened when I read what you were doing as a regimen. You might want to cut back on some what what you are doing to let your skin (and body) take a break. And scrubbing won't do you any good; use an extremely mild exfoliating face wash at best. Your skin is young, so you should treat it that way and be gentle with what you do to it.

And if your pimples are popping as you are putting on makeup, then chances are you are not putting your makeup on correctly. Purchase a very soft foundation brush to put your foundation on with, and make sure to clean it daily to avoid spreading bacteria to other areas of your face. I also suggest using diluted tea tree oil on the whiteheads to help them dry out faster, as well as a spray-on toner to help moisturize the area after you have cleansed your face. (Any toner can be spray-on if you put the toner in one of those small travel-size spray bottles you get at Target or something. Avoid using cotton balls and pads with toner.)

Edited by youyesyou

Bactrim makes your folliculitis worse? It actually helps me :think:

Folliculitis can come in a fungal or a bacterial form...you obviously have the bacterial type ;)