Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maya94

How Come No One Is Asking How Acne Heals?

For years I've researched the causes of acne, what triggers it, what's best effective at treating it, the whole nine yards....But just recently, it came to mind that there was one question I ( and a lot of other people, from the looks of it) was forgetting to ask: How does acne HEAL? What's happening under the skin when an acne lesion finally decides to subside??

Maybe the answer to that question is just as important as how it starts?? It's just a theory.... :think:

Really good point. I'm guessing we don't ask because we simply overlook the healing process. I mean if it's healing, we will patiently wait for it to heal because we KNOW it's healing. But the hell with it if it's getting worse we're doing everything in our power as a human race to get it to start healing quicker.

I think it's valuable information to know how to heal because in turn it should provide us with a few more ideas on how we can achieve the healing state quicker, which in turn results in less physical and psychological effects due to acne.

So if someone has information on this, please share! I am very curious too.

It heals like any other bacterial invasion.

White blood cells to fight the intruder, inflammation to get blood in the area, dead skin peels away and is replaced by healthy tissue. Scarring if the damaged tissue is severe.

The mystery of acne is its causes, not the results.

White blood cells to fight the intruder, inflammation to get blood in the area, dead skin peels away and is replaced by healthy tissue. Scarring if the damaged tissue is severe.

But clearly, acne is not "like any other bacterial invasion." If it were, we could fight it off just like other bacterial infections with antibiotics, right???

And even if that was true, it's something much deeper than that. At least, it is in my mind

:P

But clearly, acne is not "like any other bacterial invasion." If it were, we could fight it off just like other bacterial infections with antibiotics, right???

So, I guess all those antibiotics that exist for the sole purpose of clearing up acne do not behave like any other antibiotic?

Antibiotics and bacteria isnt the end all and be all though, its not like acne is a wound that got infected, its our own skin clogging its own pores due to various defective skin shedding processes and then our immune system reacting to that clogged pore like it is some sort of threat to us and not recognizing that its only a clogged pore.

And even if that was true, it's something much deeper than that. At least, it is in my mind

The problem with acne isn't just the bacteria, so when people use antibiotics to clear their skin the acne can come back once they stop. Also the bacteria can become resistant to antibiotics.

I think the best way to heal a lesion once you have it is to be gentle to your skin. Keep it clean and moisturized and just let it heal. Some people like bacitracin ointment if it's severe.

Strong knowledge of biological processes in this thread. You guys rest easy though, I"m gonna cure it.

The problem with acne isn't just the bacteria, so when people use antibiotics to clear their skin the acne can come back once they stop. Also the bacteria can become resistant to antibiotics.

I think the best way to heal a lesion once you have it is to be gentle to your skin. Keep it clean and moisturized and just let it heal. Some people like bacitracin ointment if it's severe.

Joshu, is that a reliable answer, or is that just how you ASSUME it heals? Because it doesn't really sound convincing.

"Just let it heal." Who hasn't heard that a million times already?? Obviously it doesn't heal on its own. Hence, we wouldn't go running to a dermatologist when we have a problem.We're all tired of "letting it heal" because that's not how it works. Anyway, I BELIEVE the question was, HOW DO ACNE LESIONS HEAL?? What's going on UNDER THE SKIN?? That means that I'm looking for a real, scientific, RELIABLE answer.

The same way we know how acne forms, we should know how it subsides.

Edited by Maya94