Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smoothmove

Neeeeeeeedling

Probably a pointless thread, as I don't have photos (I had some a few months ago) but I gotta say that needling does work, it just takes too DAMN long. But this was probably my own fault. I didn't start incorporating topical and internal vitamin c until recently, regardless of that... collagen is such a slow process. Btw, needling can make your scarring appear worse initially. It did for me, and at times I thought I HAD made it worse. This has been such an emotional rollercoaster, with crying, worry, and insecurity... and I'm still not finished with treating my scars. I still have a ways to go, and have experimented with both needling and tca, and will continue to do so. But I do feel better.

I have scars on my temples that have leveled out. One on my forehead almost level. My chin (deepest scarring: rolling) has improved a lot, (considering how deep it was at one point, I feel a lot better when looking at it, but I would still like to see a little more improvement).

If there's one tip I could give right now, it is this: once you start to achieve some collagen in your skin, it's best to space out the needling/tca cross even farther apart. For example, if you had been doing something monthly and start to achieve results, let it keep growing, and take your treatments out to bimonthly, and then even every 3 months, or 6 months when they get really shallow.

I don't know if this will totally irradiate my scars eventually, (maybe they could go away with incorporation of leds and expensive topicals), but I do know that there is definitely a difference in my scars. I didn't write out my method because it has been a little haphazard and I was not following any particular strict protocol, but if you having any q's, feel free to ask.

Great to see you are progressing along Smoothmove..It definitely can be a long slow process. I know for me my scars have been very stubborn. But all you can do is keep at it and little by little it happens. How has the tca worked out for you? are you doing it on specific scars and needling on others?

Great to see you are progressing along Smoothmove..It definitely can be a long slow process. I know for me my scars have been very stubborn. But all you can do is keep at it and little by little it happens. How has the tca worked out for you? are you doing it on specific scars and needling on others?

hey, munsoned, how've you been?

I have used 50% TCA on many of my scars before I started needling. This is just my hunch, but I think that TCA works faster for certain scars, based on my 2+ years of experience. It lays a bed of collagen in the deepest part of a scar, in the same way that needling would... but quickly. for example, I may place TCA in a rolling scar, but only in the deepest part, let that fill in over time, and then I needle it lightly.

I like needling for wider depressions and also to help smooth out scars that I had crossed in the past. It wasn't until this winter that I decided to start aggressively needling my chin scars. It is interesting, because I noticed that the scars which I had overcrossed, did have some raised edges that flattened a lot since incorporating needling. You really do have to be careful with TCA because you don't want to create hypertrophic scarring, which I had done to a few of them in the past, which had emphasized the scars. It is strong stuff, so I prefer it in very small quantities.

I don't know if this makes much sense, but I guess I feel that I need both for my scars which are mostly rolling, with a few box scars. Honestly, I don't know if people would be able to detect my scars so much now. They are few, and only a couple are moderately deep in certain lighting. But I am a perfectionist, so I keep on.

What I really want to get are fillers, but I am poor at this time.

hey, munsoned, how've you been?

I have used 50% TCA on many of my scars before I started needling. This is just my hunch, but I think that TCA works faster for certain scars, based on my 2+ years of experience. It lays a bed of collagen in the deepest part of a scar, in the same way that needling would... but quickly. for example, I may place TCA in a rolling scar, but only in the deepest part, let that fill in over time, and then I needle it lightly.

I like needling for wider depressions and also to help smooth out scars that I had crossed in the past. It wasn't until this winter that I decided to start aggressively needling my chin scars. It is interesting, because I noticed that the scars which I had overcrossed, did have some raised edges that flattened a lot since incorporating needling. You really do have to be careful with TCA because you don't want to create hypertrophic scarring, which I had done to a few of them in the past, which had emphasized the scars. It is strong stuff, so I prefer it in very small quantities.

I don't know if this makes much sense, but I guess I feel that I need both for my scars which are mostly rolling, with a few box scars. Honestly, I don't know if people would be able to detect my scars so much now. They are few, and only a couple are moderately deep in certain lighting. But I am a perfectionist, so I keep on.

What I really want to get are fillers, but I am poor at this time.

doing good thank you Sm..And thanks so much for the indepth reply about the tca. I appreciate it! I think combining both treatments like you have is a very good idea. I think many people would benifit from both.. I am thinking of doing tca spot treatment on a couple scars over the winter. And I am realy happy for you and your improvements with your scars..Just goes to show where there is a will there is a way..Keep up the great work. :)

what all exactly have you done for your scarring? sorry, i'm new here... and have no idea what needling and TCA is haha. and how long did it take for these results?? thanks. (: