Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ryan10

Do you use salicylic acid after getting cleared up on accutane?

Ive been reading how salicylic acid keeps the dead skin cells from building up and causing pimples and how it washes and treats by getting rid of the dirt, bacteria, and oil in the face

would it be smart to continue using my purpose wash and then use salicylic acid pads every night after cleansing to keep oil from building up and keep dead skin cell production from clogging my pores?

It seems like salicylic acid can prevent all the bad things my skin use to go through from coming back so should I?

I remember when I had acne I used BP and it all went away but I continued to use it on clear skin and I think that helped cause the cystic acne that made me go on accutane.

can salicylic acid do this to me to as in me using it on clear skin and it eventually backfiring like using BP on clear skin did?

I have no problem just using my gentle face wash 1-2 months after accutane but when it's out of my system I feel like I will be to nervous to not use a product like SA to keep my skin clear.