Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soxfan24

Clear back, but worse face?

Ive been on Doxcycycline for about 2 months and it has improved my back. There are far fewer pimples and they dont get as big. However, my face is as bad as ever. I have been getting very painful cysts on my forhead and my chin has been worse then usual. I dont do anything to my back. I dont use any products or washes on it. Could I be overtreating my face? (see signature) Is the skin on your back that much different from your face?

Edited by soxfan24

Well sometimes is better to have acne in your back rather that your face. This happens, is as if your body need to have acne so when you heal your back, the next stop is the face.

And yes, that is too much, keep it simple. The BP wash use it two days a weeks, in the morning you can use a mild soap (like tea tree oil), some exfoliator twice a week and a moisturizer (that contain jojoba seed oil). Use a toner with SA from time to time too.

Find your way. I also suggest taking echinacia and some antioxidants, like roobois tea. Sounds like crap but it helps.