Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, I have read a lot about green tea and how it can be great for the skin. I have also read that caffeine may be a major acne aggravator.

Since Green Tea has caffeine in it, does that mean it's bad for acne? Do you guys think that decaf green tea is better (even though it has less antioxidants)??

Thanks for the help :-)

Or should i stay away from anything that has caffeine...even tea?

Green tea f*cked my skin. Much worse than soda would have done

in fact i can drink soda without much trouble. Green tea really fucked me up.

Green tea might be good for you. Everyone is different

I was really starting to enjoy the taste as well

but it made my skin look terrible. much worse than usual.

Im doing it now with superb results.

If you think the caffeine is causing problems, just wipe a brewed teabag over your spotty areas, this is where people have the most success, (me included).

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about green tea too. I drink it fairly often, and it hasn't made my skin worse... In fact, it gives my skin a glow.

I drink herbal teas in the evening to wind down, choice of dandelion (good for liver), Nettle and Peppermint (digestion) or just Peppermint on it's own. Be careful with Green tea, I've been absolutely nowhere near it since making a cup on a cold January evening. Remember it all too well, didn't sleep a wink that night due its caffeine, broke out too through said lack of sleep.

Edited by captainsunshine

Green tea always made my normally dry skin very very oily. It didn't give me huge problems, but I did tend to get a significant amount of smaller spots and clogged pores when I drank it. That, and it always made me even thirstier after I drank it. My mouth and throat were always ridiculously dry after drinking it and I'd have to chug some water.

I'm still trying to find some decent herbal teas that I like and haven't found too many. Rooibos is the only one that I enjoy. It's naturally caffeine free and loaded with antioxidants.

Edited by gMARIAs

I drink herbal teas in the evening to wind down, choice of dandelion (good for liver), Nettle and Peppermint (digestion) or just Peppermint on it's own. Be careful with Green tea, I've been absolutely nowhere near it since making a cup on a cold January evening. Remember it all too well, didn't sleep a wink that night due its caffeine, broke out too through said lack of sleep.

Just a note to anyone who is trying to drink green tea with caffeine (or anything with caffeine for that matter) after going a long time without it...you'll be more sensitive to it the longer you've avoided it. For example I've never been a coffee drinker and I've maybe had an amount of cups that I could count on two hands. If I went downstairs and drank a cup of coffee right now I probably wouldn't sleep tonight. This is, however, just a theory as I would not want to try this.

Green tea always made my normally dry skin very very oily. It didn't give me huge problems, but I did tend to get a significant amount of smaller spots and clogged pores when I drank it. That, and it always made me even thirstier after I drank it. My mouth and throat were always ridiculously dry after drinking it and I'd have to chug some water.

I'm still trying to find some decent herbal teas that I like and haven't found too many. Rooibos is the only one that I enjoy. It's naturally caffeine free and loaded with antioxidants.

You could try decaff green teas, its possibly the caffeine in it. I had a cup about 4 hours before bed last week and I didnt get to sleep untill 4 am!

How about ginger tea too? Cut up some ginger root and boil it in water for about 15 mins, its lovely before bed, really relaxes you.

You could try decaff green teas, its possibly the caffeine in it. I had a cup about 4 hours before bed last week and I didnt get to sleep untill 4 am!

How about ginger tea too? Cut up some ginger root and boil it in water for about 15 mins, its lovely before bed, really relaxes you.

Not the caffeine. I've drank coffee for years with no ill effects and the caffeine in coffee is a lot higher than green tea.

And no ginger tea. HATE ginger. Thanks though!

green tea breaks me out and i dont think its the caffeine because i can drink an energy drink or cup of coffee and still be fine.

Not for me. I'm a heavy caffeine user (mainly by way of coffee). And caffeine content in teas differ. I read that most standard cups of tea have almost the same caffeine content as a cup of coffee --- some even more. How much you dilute your tea (there usually isn't freeze dried powder-form tea?) is also a factor.

I think even if caffeine has effects, it's pretty negligible. Also, many people use more caffeine when their life is more demanding and stressful e.g. exams, all-nighters etc. So stress can be the factor instead of caffeine. I used more caffeine in recent months due to major exams and yet my face is rapidly clearing up due to a change in regime.

But even if caffeine were proved to cause acne, there's no way I'm going to give it up. IT RUNS MY LIFE.

why cant things be more simple lol.

You can say that again lol...

On topic: I would stay away from Green Tea. Instead, try chamomile tea...it's really great for acne and scars!

Edited by NanaLove

green tea would give me breaksout all along my chin. i dont know if its the caffeine exactly since drinking a pepsi or coke wouldn't break me out that bad. for tea, start drinking rooibos, it's herbal non-caffeinated and it's got a lot of good things for your skin. helps with swelling and inflammation.